Sorry, Wheels question...

Woppywop

Advanced Member
Afternoon,

Yes I am at work and no I shouldn't be on the internet blah blah blah....

Anyway, could someone please tell me if they are running 17 x 8.5 ??

I been searching on here and the rest of the worlds web but can't find anything... keep finding 17 x 8 but not 8.5 :xconfused:

Just want to know if they would fit comfortably under the arch. The car is on standard shocks/springs but I may wish to put a slight drop later on... probably around 25mm (that is a maybe).

Any help would be appreciated...

Ooooosh!

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
Not sure they would fit comfortably mate, if at all, especially if you lower it, but you can get 17X8.5

http://www.rarerims.co.uk/wheelshop_products.asp?productid=27&rangeid=2&product=Grid+Drift

They will stick further out than mine and mine are on the limit offset wise. (17 X 7 ET40)

Pretty much a no thinking about it! they will either stick out too far or Rub on the suspension depending on the offset. Either way, they wont fit under the arch.

Woppywop

Advanced Member
Not sure they would fit comfortably mate, especially if you lower it, but you can get 17X8.5

http://www.rarerims.co.uk/wheelshop_products.asp?productid=27&rangeid=2&product=Grid+Drift

Perhaps 17 X 8.5 might fit with ET40, but thats an educated guess! You are much better off sticking between 7 - 8
Right mate, that's well weird..... it was the Grid Drift I was looking at :unsure: Twilight :unsure: (In flat black though)

Could only find the 17x8.5 earlier...

I'm on it, cheers dude!!

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
Right mate, that's well weird..... it was the Grid Drift I was looking at :unsure: Twilight :unsure: (In flat black though)

Could only find the 17x8.5 earlier...

I'm on it, cheers dude!!
I have edited my post 17x 8.5 wont fit mate! You really need 17 x 7.5 and under.

Woppywop

Advanced Member
Actually just read your reply again.... yeah won't work will it and those Grid Drift aren't available in 17x7... hmm need to have a re-think :(

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
Actually just read your reply again.... yeah won't work will it and those Grid Drift aren't available in 17x7... hmm need to have a re-think :(
If it helps, I know these fit as I have had them on:

18 X 7.5 ET45 (Perfect Fit under arch)
17 X 7 ET40 (Current Fitment, close to arch)

I think you can fit 17 X 8 With an offset of ET45, but dont quote me on it, lol, stick to 7.5 wheel width 8)

Actually I think Dave C on here has Rota Fighters in 17 x 8 ET45 :-k

Just to add, I know how you feel, I went though the same process! Looking for some deep dish looking rims, you just cant get them to fit comfortably on our cars sadly.
I went for these in the end which are actually drift wheels:

Lenso D1R 17x7 ET40 (See how close to the arch they are, my car has been lowered on Eibach Pro Spings (Fast Road Setup)

They also only sell them ET40 Front ET45 rear, so I bought 2 sets because I didn't want different offsets, lol, sold the ET45's to a very happy Celica Owner!

leejw87

Spoon Whore

I think you can fit 17 X 8 With an offset of ET45, but dont quote me on it, lol, stick to 7.5 wheel width 8)

Just to add, I know how you feel, I went though the same process! Looking for some deep dish looking rims, you just cant get them to fit comfortably on our cars sadly.

Lenso D1R 17x7 ET40 (See how close to the arch they are, my car has been lowered on Eibach Pro Spings (Fast Road Setup)

They also only sell them ET40 Front ET45 rear, so I bought 2 sets because I didn't want different offsets, lol, sold the ET45's to a very happy Celica Owner!

You might be ok with a 8.5" if you can get a high offset but not too high as it could risk rubbing the inner arch or suspension.

im running 17x8" with a 48ET lowered on spoon springs and they are fine, never had any rubbing, if you go for a 8.5" you may have to go a slightly lower profile tyre and maybe even stretch them abit to get the angle of the tyre to sit in the arch and not inline with it.

Woppywop

Advanced Member
im running 17x8" with a 48ET lowered on spoon springs and they are fine, never had any rubbing, if you go for a 8.5" you may have to go a slightly lower profile tyre and maybe even stretch them abit to get the angle of the tyre to sit in the arch and not inline with it.
I don't suppose you have a pic or two do you?

I have found some 17x8 so would be interested to see how they sit.

Ps thanks for your help with this.

Woppywop

Advanced Member

Porthos, I love your wheels and looking for something similar (can't have the same mate!!!)

I've been trying to judge the gap if the car were lower on 17x8 it looks fine but then 'looking' isn't exactly 'doing' is it!

Thanks for your help with this too, I'll have to keep you posted on this.

leejw87

Spoon Whore
I don't suppose you have a pic or two do you?

I have found some 17x8 so would be interested to see how they sit.

Ps thanks for your help with this.
These are the only photos i have with the wheels on, sorry about the picture quality :oops:

http://www.itr-dc5.com/forum/index.php?/topic/23521-cleaning-the-teg/

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
Porthos, I love your wheels and looking for something similar (can't have the same mate!!!)

I've been trying to judge the gap if the car were lower on 17x8 it looks fine but then 'looking' isn't exactly 'doing' is it!

Thanks for your help with this too, I'll have to keep you posted on this.
Yeah let us know how you get on 8)

As for the wheels, lenso have new ones coming out soon over here, they are called Lenso D Spec C and look like this:

17x7 or 18x8

Woppywop

Advanced Member
These are the only photos i have with the wheels on, sorry about the picture quality :oops:

http://www.itr-dc5.com/forum/index.php?/topic/23521-cleaning-the-teg/
The pics are fine mate... exactly what I was after, just wanted to see how they sit.. happy with that!! :D

Cheers.

Woppywop

Advanced Member
Yeah let us know how you get on 8)

As for the wheels, lenso have new ones coming out soon over here, they are called Lenso D Spec C and look like this:

17x7 or 18x8
Of course I'll let you know mate... Pretty nice wheels actually, but I'm swaying torward 5 spokes.. Would like it to look kind of menacing and not to soft, do you get what I mean? (I kind of make sense in my head but it's fairly late and I had a busy ass day at work, brainache!!)

dave c

400hp K20
I guess you wanted the concave spoke design?

I wanted the same, so far have only fitted two but I have 2 x (17x9) on the rear of mine and they fit no problem, they are the Volk CE28 copies (Rota Fighter)

I went for the s2000 fitment and they are close on the inside but not touching. No rubbing no spacers, no problems.

17x9 ET50 - fit no problem ;)

TyperItr

Advanced Member
I have 17x8.5 +40 with 215 tyre on the rear of my car. They fit very well, with no rubbing at all. i think they look better than anything thiner actually. However on the front of my car i have 17x7.5 dono how well the 8.5 would go on the front

Woppywop

Advanced Member
I guess you wanted the concave spoke design?
Got in one! Rota Grid Drift 17x8.5 in flat black to be precise mate, think they would work really well... As I said though, I'm just slightly worried about the whole fitment as eventually I would like to drop it, only by about 25ml :)

mike.williams

Advanced Member
i dont think the grids become concave until 9j wide, the concave is due to a lower offset aswell.

im planning on running a 9j et35 up front with a 245/40/17 but i know the arches will need pullin a bit and a fair bit of camber

dave c

400hp K20
yeah your right the spoke design changes at 9 not 8.5 unfortunately, i looked at them too.

I went for the fighter as they had a special s2000 fitment made up. Might be worth asking them if they have the torque in the same fitment yet.

9with an of set of 35 is a waste of time, I had some enkei's for a while that were 8 with an et of 35 and they didnt fit, add an inch to that and you'll really struggle imo

Woppywop

Advanced Member
Morning chaps... I feel knackered, just thought I'd share that!

Anyway did more searching for the wheels of choice and found these...

http://www.inovit.co.uk/product/product-show.aspx?id=193

Now Inovit weren't my prefered choice of wheel however these again look the part. Only problem is there 18x8 with an ET30 to 45..

What do you think? Didn't really want to go for 18's also if they did work, then I probably wouldn't bother going for springs....

Aghhhhhh WHY is it so difficult!!!

Ps link doesn't work right on the iPhone (can't show the main pic)