Sort of new...

MorttisMachine

Evening all, technically I'm not really new as registered on here back in 2009, anyway after many years of motorcycling i'm returning to cars and a DC5 is what I'm after.

I have £10'000 as a budget so hopefully should be able to find a good example.

Altecians

Advanced Member
Welcome mate! With that kind of a budget there is without a doubt you can get a high quality example, perhaps consider importing one.
What color are you thinking? :xgrin:

Alexander0628

Advanced Member
Welcome bud. What kind of example are you after? Pre or facelift. As altecians sed with that kinda money, give a importer like torque gt a ring see what they could do for you.

beppe786

Beppe
Buy a facelift not many around. Ive heard the gearing is slighty different on the facelift from preface anyone confirm what differences and which is quicker

dc55_11

Advanced Member
If they are both completely standard the facelift is quicker due to the gear ratios being slightly different. Also there is no issues such as leaking tail lights and suspension is a bit more reinforced

Mark_teg

Staff member
What are the differences in gear ratios then? I'm pretty sure they're the same!..

Welcome btw OP :)

coconat

Advanced Member
I imported my facelift, best decision I could have made, process makes it feel like you're buying something extra special and knowing you are it's first U.K owner (and first on the V5!) is pretty cool, good luck in your search :) why not consider a NHB or MR to be a bit diferent? Facelift NHB looks meannnn

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
Hello and welcome! Mine is going up for sale in a more standard guise with Torque Imports VERY soon! (£9,500)

Little pic for you :D (shameless plug! lol)

Only covered 41k.

MorttisMachine

Thanks for the warm welcome all, color wise I would consider White, Red or Blue, if I'm going to spend near to the £10'000 mark then i'll be after a face lift model. I'm happy to consider private sales, from a dealer or importing. Do we have any recommendations on which importers to use. I'm based in Ashford, Kent. My nearest importers is SVA imports although I've not read great things about them. Any advice is appreciated.

Chris

coconat

Advanced Member
I can't give personal recommendations but i've heard a lot of bad things about SVA- they have had a white facelift for sale at the same price since before I bought mine in april, that strikes me as alarming, shame you aren't up north but if you're willing to travel to the North-east there's JM Imports

MorttisMachine

Thanks, JM imports, Torque GT seem to get good feedback, I don't mind travelling for a good car so will consider all options. Any other importers recommended?

MorttisMachine

Test drove a Milano Red 2004 DC5 today at SVA imports, was impressed with the car, it's on for sure, just need my Ducati to sell and I'm in!

MorttisMachine

Yeah that's the one, it's showing as 40'000K before being converted to miles. The mileage does appear to be genuine from looking at the interior and underneath of the car. The rear end needs some work, would appear to have been in a slight knock and had a poor paint repair, no internal damage we could see. Price is still well up there.

LiamGTR

Advanced Member
Prefacelift for over £10k and it needs paint? Mate, definitely try get the price down!

coconat

Advanced Member
Yeah I meant the price not mileage, 10k is what i'd expect for a Facelift..or one hell of a tidy low mileage Pre, the fact it needs work as is above 10k is a bit of a wee-take, get the price dropped dramatically and consider it I say..another reason why I wouldn't go to SVA :/

Altecians

Advanced Member
Hey man,

I've been down to SVA imports a while back when my friend was looking to buy a DC5 and I an S15 as they had plenty down there.
They are absolutely terrible to deal with and their customer service doesnt honestly exist. Their descriptions of the cars are a very long way off, most are actually rusty as heck with alot of things that arent there as described (parts, body condition, DAMAGE!).
I believe the red one you are looking at has been there awhile.. There has been alot of negative feedback on their business ; http://forum.s15oc.com/threads/5455-Sva-imports-what-are-they-like

Heck just putting them into google and you'll get answers. My 2 cents , stay away.

My car is a Torque GT import off of a previous member, you could see the quality of their cars.

Also wanted to add I remember an S15 member who bought and drove a car from SVA. On the way back home, the car gave out and he had to turn back for a very reluctant refund!