soundtest @ snetterton track day july 24th

Lcr Dave

hi guys ive got a track day booked at snetterton july 24h, (some spare spaces if anyone's wants to come pm me) im worried my car is going to fail the sound test, its got a aem air filter with dcsports manifold i havent a clue what exhaust its got on but im presuming is also a dcsports exhaust, this is rather loud but i have no comparision to see if its too loud, what do you guys think?

kingston

Advanced Member
where are you based? if your near north herts drop me a pm as ive borrowed the sound meter from work

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
I will be very suprised if it fails,
Toms race car with spoon mani and 70mm j's single box titanium can just pass at snett (its close tho) its well loud

Stoo

Whining.....
C&S Evo7 said:
Toms race car with spoon mani and 70mm j's single box titanium can just pass at snett (its close tho) its well loud
it failed with the bung in!! 106db, 105db limit!!
lucky they let him race!

Lcr Dave

well fingers crossed then! kingston if your in chelmsford saturday night ill come meet you if you didnt mind.... let me know when you know what your doing for definite thanks!

Lcr Dave

hi guys, ok i did a sound test today, idling the sound was 71 db, revving up to 5500 it was 119db! but i think it registered that loud as i hit the rev limiter, i then done a fly by at wide open throttle in 3rd from 1 metre away and it measured 105.4db, this is with aem cold air induction, dc sports manifold and de-cat exhaust system,
the limit at snetterton is 105db, do you think there is a tolerance? when they do a static test where they want you to rev to 5500 ill say it wont rev that high in neutral and just hold it at 5000 to avoid the limiter, any thoughts?

kingston

Advanced Member
what did you ise to measure the drive by with?

normally they get you to hold it at around 4-4.5k rpm on static and the only drive by ones ive had have been at bedford where theyve got to keep the noise at a limit due to the neighbours

Lcr Dave

hi mate i used a sound meter that i use to measure how loud fire alarms are from different rooms ect, forgot i had one to be honest lol, well i done a static test but hit the limiter at 5500 so thats why it registered so loud i think, on the day ill just static test at 4500 which i got about 90 db and hope for the best when im driving round, they have sound meters around the track measuring people too,

ian.herm01

Advanced Member
They made me sit ay 70% of max rev at cadwell park, the noise test is carried out by the circuit noise tester. In my CRX with a standard exhaust measured 90dba at 6000rpm. Not a problem as it is 105dba, however other tracks are much tighter.

A couple of people go black flagged at Donington park a few weeks back from mics around the track.