Spa-Francorchamps 2nd October

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Keep me posted on that one mate, my booked trips so far are
May 12th - 26th,
July 12th - 17th,
Sept 30th until Oct 6th
Car will be ready and re-detailed and protected from Mid June if all goes to plan as it currently is :)

How long would the July one be, 3 days again ?

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
No idea mate, I don't plan these things properly, just randomly book and worry about it in the future. I don't think I've ever booked anything this far ahead before!

TonksyDC5

Advanced Member
What's the weather typically like around October Chris, any experience?

And what hotel are you staying in? Planning on The Ring yourself as well?

Oh and what's the plans for travel? Never booked eurotunnel so are you picking set dates/times.

Very keen on this. Can't be any colder than out last Brands trip ha ha.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
Weather is always hit and miss at Spa as it's in the mountains. A few years ago in April it was snowing, this year it was around 16 degrees and sunshine. It's about the same in October, some years you get lucky, others you don't.

I'm staying in the Radisson Blu in Spa, it's a great hotel, free wifi, nice food, safe parking and right in the centre of Spa.

We will get the Eurotunnel over around 11am or so on the Sunday, then Eurotunnel back on the Tuesday mid afternoon.

Some may be going to the 'Ring, the usual deal is stay till the Friday and travel back, some stay for the weekend etc.

All depends on time off work, budget, if you can be bothered to go to the 'Ring etc.

I don't know what I'm doing yet, preference would be to go to the 'Ring but that depends on how many in the group would join as I don't fancy doing it alone.

TonksyDC5

Advanced Member
PM instead to save clogging up the thread. But any indication of cost to do do Ring as well would be appreciated.

TonksyDC5

Advanced Member
Booked.

PM your number Chris if you don't mind. Also let me which website you booked hotel with.

Check-in Sunday 1st Oct, check-out Tuesday 3rd Oct?

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
Hi mate, it's all good info for other people considering it.

This was my spend for what I've just done, which was Spa then the 'Ring.

£186 for the Eurotunnel. I know it's cheaper on the Ferry but it takes much longer and it's generally more hassle.
£190 for the hotel at Spa.
£150 to stay at the 'Ring.
£4-500 on fuel.
£125 on 'Ring laps.
£??? on beer/food money.

I always book via booking.com

Linus27

Advanced Member
Chris, is it the Radisson Blue Palace Hotel in Spa that we had drinks in the year before and has the cable car on one side?

TonksyDC5

Advanced Member
Linus27 said:
Chris, is it the Radisson Blue Palace Hotel in Spa that we had drinks in the year before and has the cable car on one side?
It's this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kevin85

Advanced Member
I'm booked onto the Spa day, and will be going in Germany on Tuesday. The ring is open all day, which is a rare thing midweek.

Reggie91

Advanced Member
Does anyone know if there are any track days available at spa in July/August? I had a quick look and there seems to be nothing in-between May and October?

Unless I'm just looking in the wrong place... :wacko:

Indi

Advanced Member
Reggie91 said:
Does anyone know if there are any track days available at spa in July/August? I had a quick look and there seems to be nothing in-between May and October?

Unless I'm just looking in the wrong place... :wacko:
There's two that I know of on 29th and 30th May but not seen any others in between those dates