Spacer size for OEM wheels

Stuarty

Advanced Member
What is the perfect size of spacers to make the standard teg wheels fill the arches? I'm guessing 20mm front and 25mm back. Can anyone confirm this, also some pictures of cars with spacers on would help.

David_showerks

Advanced Member
im going for 25mm all round, i have changed from my rotas that sat rather good to my oem wheels and they really look lost i feel. 25mm bring it to the exact same as my rotas so that what i have based my choice on just.

Stuarty

Advanced Member
Cheers lads. The teg looks as If the back wheels sit in further, think I'll try 20mm front and 25mm rear and see how it looks ;)

uhi77

hey folks , have you got any pic tho to see the after product ? cause I want to put spacers on as well

Stuarty

Advanced Member
uhi77 said:
hey folks , have you got any pic tho to see the after product ? cause I want to put spacers on as well
The best example I found was in Todd's build up thread. He's using 20mm front and 25mm rear.

RobS

Advanced Member
If you fit spacers like these, and your running lowering springs and 225 wide re070's I'm guessing you got to roll the arches?

Rom

Advanced Member

That's 20 front and back. I could maybe get away with 25, bit didn't fancy buying a set to try. The rear inner lip is quite big, my tyre would already hit it, should it ever compress that much.
I don't want my arches rolled. Not a fan of the idea, just creating a water trap.

I'm on Spoon springs, and will catch front liners on full lock, though mainly when there's a gradient too. Like my drive...
The back is deceiving, it's pretty much flush, bit other angles it still looks tucked.
Obviously your camber settings will affect this, I'm running half a degree neg all round.

RobS

Advanced Member
What size tyres Rom? Oem? If so think 225s make much difference?

Todd_77

Advanced Member
I have:

20mm Front
25mm Rear

215/45/17 Eagle F1's

BC Racing Coilovers

Hardrace Camber Arms

Rear Arches are rolled.

Rom

Advanced Member
Todd_77 said:
I have:

20mm Front
25mm Rear

215/45/17 Eagle F1's

BC Racing Coilovers

Hardrace Camber Arms

Rear Arches are rolled.
Pics ? And camber settings ?

RobS said:
What size tyres Rom? Oem? If so think 225s make much difference?
225 mate. Not much difference, 10mm total extra 5mm further out, 5mm further in.

Pretty sure i cant get 2 fingers in rears, which isnt a lot of travel really. So in theory it could already clip the lip under heavy compression.

The last picture shows its pretty much flush really, angle dependant. I think 25 would look a bit better, but i dont want to risk it, for what will be a very marginal difference.

Already a huge improvement over standard

Rob R

Advanced Member
I'm fitting 20mm front and rear this weekend on 215/45's albeit not lowered

FireDance

Advanced Member
I am running 20mm each side &lowered on Spoon springs

I am using 215/45 tyres & arches are not rolled

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Stuarty said:
Nice. Any pictures FireDance?
Rom is running the exact setup you have asked for...just a few posts above mate. :)

with pictures.

But by all means firedance, fire up some pictures. :)

FireDance

Advanced Member
Jimmer said:
Rom is running the exact setup you have asked for...just a few posts above mate. :)

with pictures.

But by all means firedance, fire up some pictures. :)
Rom is running 225 I think?

I will post some up, just need to clean her first :oops: