Spacers

mark2390

Advanced Member
I am thinking of fitting some 15mm eibach spacers, has anyone got pics of any with oem alloys?and are they safe for track days ect?
Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk 2

scottj15

Advanced Member
That's funny I was just replying Max :D

Yeah I've got Ichaba 20mms on the rear. If your cars lowered you might have problems with rubbing which I did, in which case you can get someone like Arch Enemy to come and fold the inner lip up to stop this. Get a pro to do it because the paint needs to be heated up to stop it cracking. Slight negative camber helps too but you might be alright with 15mm to be honest.

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Is it 15mm total track width, or is each spacer actually 15mm, thus making it 30mm further track width? :xhuh: I've always wondered. (sorry to hijack)

mark2390

Advanced Member
Thanks. . 30mm total width, its lowered with frs and don't want to roll the arches.. they strong enough for track?

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

maxvr6

Advanced Member
I beleive Bonson has 15mm Ichiba spacers all round and he's a track junkie. You just need to make sure you tighten them up well and check them periodically for a while as i beleive others have had issues with them but this has been down to not ensuring they were fitted correctly and checked periodically after.

mark2390

Advanced Member
Think it was the price difference! but not canceling going to keep the eibach's as they are known to be good

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

DC5_Bonson

Advanced Member
They are safe to use for road and track but take extra care not to the round the thin nuts on the spacer because they are nightmare to get off.

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
All Eibach components are TUV approved, which means they have been properly tested and are made from quality materials, yes you will pay more but you will get what you pay for. Last thing you want is a when falling off.

I have seen some of the cheaper Chinese and American ( stuff from the USA is generally far eastern too) spacers fail due to loads and impact on a couple of the off road race cars I have worked on just due to poor quality materials, when you compare these to eibaches you can see and feel a difference. Just because they are anodised a fancy colour and have a fancy brand doesn't make them any good,

mark2390

Advanced Member
Come yesterday, ill try get them on today<br /><br />Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk<br /><br />

darkhawk

Advanced Member
Make sure you lock tight them on and they will be fine
Had some 15mm ichibas on my civic and that was abused on track loads ( even hit a wall at a 100 and the spacer didn't flinch)

maxvr6

Advanced Member
darkhawk said:
Make sure you lock tight them on and they will be fine
Had some 15mm ichibas on my civic and that was abused on track loads ( even hit a wall at a 100 and the spacer didn't flinch)
I'll make sure not to request a passenger ride then :lol: