Spare Key cutting

SJ_Skyline

Site Admin
yeah but no but yeah but no but yeah but no but yeah but no but :lol:

I had 2 keys cut - one by machine at timpsons, one by laser by adz. Timpsons quite royally screwed up the blank, adz did a great job with the laser! :)

T666YPR

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Looks like both then!!

Rich has turned into a Duran Duran fan now too!! :wink:

emaresea

Had one cut mechanically in High Wycombe. Took the guy about an hour and he finally had to take a file to the flat surface as the key was slightly too thick to fit. I'm happy I've now got 2 working keys!

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
We got one done at local honda dealer, guy had a blank in stock, copied key, it worked, took about 10 mins. cost £25

he was worried that it might have needed programming but it didn't

Adz

Advanced Member
Laser Cutting is the name given to the TYPE of cuts used. No lasers are used in the actual cutting process.
The two main types of cutting you will come across are 'Hand' cut or 'Computerised cutting' ..

Hand Cutting is where the original key is physicaly traced through a hand operated key machine.. the resulting copy will unfortunatly also have any defects or wear of the original key.

Computerised Cutting is where an automated key machine is linked up with a computer..
This machine will use a LASER :lol: to scan the original key and build up an image of it on the computer..
The computer then applies this image to a pattern of how the key would have been from new.. and then sends this back to the key machine.
The copied key will then be cut as an 'as new' reproduction of your original key.

dan the man

Advanced Member
works without programming?

so no immob in our key fobs?????

i have 2 keys anyway, one shiney red badge one! and one normal black.

dtm

David Johnson

Parts Trader
The key blank i've been supplying to forum members is the same one as the new civic/jazz
The key has a black head with a silver h on it

approx cost £20.50 plus vat

Dave Johnson
Steels HONDA
01432 267154

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
Yep that sounds like the one we have.
Defo didn't need program as (i believe) no imobs on Jdm dc5's.

Adz

Advanced Member
Integral Transponder chips are not used in Japan.

Our keys DO NOT require programming..

I am still cutting keys.. but Im afraid I have to hang my head in shame..
There are a couple of forum members who are still waiting for me to cut them keys.. have just been soo busy! Sorry to those people..

PM me if you are still waiting or are interested in a spare key..
I will try get my key cutting hat on and do a load at once!

dan the man

Advanced Member
cheers adz, so my car and i take it everyone elses is immobilised off the fob..... 8)

pros and cons?