Spare key options

DC5RLY

Advanced Member
[SIZE=12pt]I've been meaning to get round to this since buying the itr. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]It only came with one key and a separate remote for the central locking. The central locking remote looks oem, just a small grey piece of plastic with one button. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]The cars also got a aftermarket immobiliser, it came with a small plastic card from ACDelco and makes a jackpot bell sound when fobbed. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]I've been in touch with Timpson‘s and another key cutting shop called Jims, but both are unable to cut a spare for me.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Timpson can't get hold of the blank and Jims advised on an auto electrician as it will need programming due to having a chip :-k [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Any recommendations where I can get a blank key so this can be cut and programmed. [/SIZE]

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Pre facelift keys don‘t have a chip in them, only facelifts.

It‘s the same blank as a jazz I believe, but with mine Timpson just measured the width of the original key and cut one. Fits and works perfectly. Cost about £9.

Not sure about the fobs you have etc, it all sounds abit awkward. Maybe contact the company that makes your alarm and ask for a spare one? Or bite the bullet, rip it out and put in a new one with everything on one fob? So much simpler, but cost of a new alarm etc.

The key itself however should work to open doors etc should you need to.

DC5RLY

Advanced Member
I'm just after a spare in the meantime Fez, as losing the only one I have will be a pain in the rear to replace.

Contacting the dealer is definitely a last option. I once replaced a key for a fiesta through the main dealers and I won‘t be doing that again.

Thanks for the reply Jimmer, its pre facelift I'll find another Timpson hopefully should be able to get a spare cut like you have.

As for the rest of it I‘ve put a new alarm system with central locking and immobiliser on the list of things to do. I sound like a caretaker with the bunch of keys getting in and out of the car.

mikey_t8

Advanced Member
As per above, if yours is a prefacelift, the key itself has no chip and car has no immobiliser so won't need programming. Any key cutter should be able to do it. If they don't have a blank blade, you could order them off eBay for a few quid and then pay £5 for it to be cut?

In terms of immobiliser/alarm remote, you can contact your local sound/security store; they should be able to order and program you a new one.. if you don't know any, Google their brand and usually find they have a link to a list of authorised/certified uk dealers