spare key

scaryprowler

Advanced Member
nickyg63 said:
hi guys does anyone know if its easy too get a spare key?

Do they have a chip in them?
No chip as no OEM immobiliser is fitted at factory.

Speak with Adz!!! Hes your man (key cutter!). Need to get mine done actually. Forgot about that!

emaresea

I too have been trying to get a key for my DC5. No locksmith I've tried has been able to help: they say they can't get the blanks!

Does anyone have an e:mail or phone number etc for ADZ; I've tried PMing him but with no success as yet.

Honda dealers in my area have also not been forthcoming with help. One quoted about £130.00 for a Jazz blank including a remote. Now that I've printed out the sheet from the FAQ entry, I'll try again with a part Number.

T666YPR

David Johnson said:
you wont be able to purchase a genuine dc5 key blank through honda,what we successfully did was use a crv/jazz key blank(approx £30) or even an 02yr civic blank(£20).the only thing to watch for is that the depth of the cut is correct

Dave Johnson
Steels Honda
01432 267154
If that's what Dave says,then try him first,certainly don't fork out £130 whoever it was with.

Simon

P15UL T

Advanced Member
dave from steels honda offered me a blank for £20.29 +vat and delivery
you can contact him on Dave Johnson
01432 267154

ps.dave i will contact you soon regarding my parts...promise :)

iDrew

Advanced Member
P15UL T said:
dave from steels honda offered me a blank for £20.29 +vat and delivery
you can contact him on Dave Johnson
01432 267154
Dave is certainly your man for this - got my spare DC5 key from him the other week :D

I will try and find the part number :wink:

jay.dee

Advanced Member
nickyg63 said:
hi guys does anyone know if its easy too get a spare key?

Do they have a chip in them?
Oh I didn't realise it was the neighbour asking!
There's a locksmiths in Mapperley (Westdale Lane) if you're going into the City one day. Ask for a Civic or Jazz blank
£15 including cutting - bargain!