Spark plugs how often do you change them

Bbterri

Advanced Member
As title says. My car is reaching my 1st 4/5k soon so plan on doing a oil change/service gonna be changing plugs too but just wondered should i change them on every oil change?

tico_87

Advanced Member
Really depends on the owner, I get mine changed every other service so basically 8/10k usage.

ItWasntMe

Advanced Member
I change the oil every 6k miles and the plugs every 12k miles.

So every other service I change the plugs basically. Only time I've had to change them before was when I bought slightly higher temp plugs and they burnt out too fast.

davidpingu

Advanced Member
Same as said really only mine would work out every 4th service. I like to try and change the oil every 6 months but i'd say plugs every 2 years for me personally which would equate to about every 12 - 14k miles

Bbterri

Advanced Member
Thanks for the reply guys its my 1st sevice coming up since owning the car so will be changing them. Car was serviced when i brought it done about 4/5k now. Gonna be trying to sevice/oil change every 5k. What plugs are people using??

dc5ian

Advanced Member
a decent set of plugs should last 25k.. if you look at the service sheet for the civic type r the first change is at 25 k.. or 2 years.

viper1984

Advanced Member
I thought the OEM Honda (NGK IFR7G-11KS) were good for at least 40k, but could be as much as 75k like nelly says.

Bbterri

Advanced Member
Good advice guys im not to sure when they where last changed so just gonna change mine for peace of mind. Iv brought the upgraded performance 1 that j4performance sell, it cost less then the standard 1s but says there are upgraded can any1 confirm iv got good/right plugs?

Mark_teg

Staff member
Good advice guys im not to sure when they where last changed so just gonna change mine for peace of mind. Iv brought the upgraded performance 1 that j4performance sell, it cost less then the standard 1s but says there are upgraded can any1 confirm iv got good/right plugs?

Please read the rules about text talk on this forum.

Thanks

davidpingu

Advanced Member
Bb_teglee said:
Yep, these are the ones I have and they're fine

Bonito

Advanced Member
Is it not 50k for iridium plugs? Madness changing Iridium plugs every second service!