Spark Plugs

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
how many miles have you done?
the oem ones are good for 40k plus

Frazdog

Advanced Member
only just creepd over the 12000miles mark! its a 51 plate and honda say it will need the 6year service but to be honest i would rather just do it all myself?Might be getting a Gruppe M anyway and an oil change is easy so why not just do the lot? only thing is i wont get the book stamped! Thoughts any1?

Melly

Advanced Member
conoroneill said:
NGK Iridium plugs or HKS mate.

Can't go wrong with either.
What heat range are best suited to the dc5? I used 7's in my gt4 after turning up the boost but not really sure what a standard/modified dc5 would need.

Cheers
Melly

DC5RK20A

Advanced Member
Standard plug is a 7. I stepped to a heat range 8 and have noticed a much smoother ride and also able to increase my ignition timing a good bit. This with just minor bolt-ons and a Mugen headgasket.

HKS plugs are made by Denso. I'm running Denso Iridium Racing IK01-24 currently.

Trickster

My spark plugs are due next service and have been advised by Honda to get platinum spark plugs.

Should I get platinum or iridium ones?

Anyone know where I can get some and roughly how much they will cost me?

Thanks in advance
Rick

gizzmo200

Advanced Member
Sorry to bring up a old thread,Want to know what's the best plugs to fit for a dc5 with a gruppe m,toda manifold,dc cat back system and a k-pro.Quess i will need a higher heat range will i????
I'd prefer to have NKS realy as i've had bad experiences with denso's with the core's cracking etc
What ones do i need(i.e part number)so i can go to my local ngk dealer to get a set.
Many thanks in advance :)

fonz600

Advanced Member
ABP Motorsport are doing a deal on spark plugs on the civictype-r site. You'll see my response with part numbers on there.

gizzmo200

Advanced Member
Im affraid im not a member of the civic club,i'd probably get them form my local factors due to haveing parts at trade price,would you be able to give me the part numbers of the ngk plugs atall?????many thanks :)

fonz600

Advanced Member
NGK Iridium spark plugs (IFR7G-11KS)

or the ones I want

NGK Iridium IX BKR9EIX Is a part number the yanks use in winter which should be good for our weather.
NGK Iridium IX BKR8EIX is what they tend to use in Summer.

The higher the number the colder the plugs

gizzmo200

Advanced Member
Do you recomend the 7,8 or 9 for the mods that i have or should i just stick to standard????
The plugs you mentioned IX BKR....Are those uk part numbers or will they not be relevant at my local factors??
Many thanks for the info

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
Fit OEM heat rated plugs only.

if you have basic breathing mods they are perfect if turbo then thats entirely different.
if you want HKS then 35i is the correct plug.

DO not use a colder plug it is a waste of time, cannot give you any performance gain whatsoever but could cause a misfire.

fonz600

Advanced Member
I have a super charged car tho and an 8 or 9 would be ok for me which is why I said 7 would be ok for the poster but 8 would work as well with his mods, if I am wrong I stand corrected but personally never seen the need to change my plugs on a N/A setup but don't think it'd hurt with the mods the poster has.

gizzmo200

Advanced Member
So is the above ngk part number the right one????or is it best i go to honda themselves,would there price be much different???any info would be great,i'll go get them tomorrow then.Many thanks

terry

Im currently using Nology spark plug, is that a bad choice? it says increase in hp and stuff lol