Speaker recommendations?

opulent

Advanced Member
I'm wanting to upgrade my speakers, think just the front now and the rears in a few months.. I'm really unsure on what's good to buy, what's over priced and good value..

I've got what I believe to be standard speakers and I'm just wanting to upgrade to something better sound with bit more bass.

I've currently got a app radio one from what believe you can fit 17cm speakers in there?

My budgets is £40 roughly

What can you recommend?

DC5RS

DC5
for 40 your not going to get anything special TBH, i would not consider it an upgrade. Look for hertz energy speakers if you are on a tight budget

Topgeezer

Advanced Member
Iv'e got some JL's in the front of mine CLICKY Sound good @ just over £50, that link was the cheapest i could find. For base you really need a sub IMO, My thread HERE

T.G.

Foo King Kwik

Advanced Member
I bought some 6.5" Hertz DSK's and added a Rockford Fosgate amp and it still doesnt sound as good as the standard system in my VW Bora!! Better than it did on the standard speakers but nothing special. The car doesnt have the right acoustics to sound any good.

Save your money and weight in my opinion! I know i would if i knew what i know now lol

DC5RS

DC5
RobCross said:
I bought some 6.5" Hertz DSK's and added a Rockford Fosgate amp and it still doesnt sound as good as the standard system in my VW Bora!! Better than it did on the standard speakers but nothing special. The car doesnt have the right acoustics to sound any good.

Save your money and weight in my opinion! I know i would if i knew what i know now lol
This is true, my other car sounds amazing but has 3k worth of sound system, the teg with the alpine type r speakers i was expecting much more but didnt get what i wanted. without sound dampening the speakers wont sound better. And Rob hertz speakers with rockfoldcrap amp? pleaseeee :D

The alpine type r's btw on my other car sounded AMAZING!

DC5RS

DC5
Joe92 said:
What would think it is a reasonable price point to get something decent?
around 70 should be considered and upgrade with SOUND dampening included. Fat mat for budget