Spec 3 and trackdays?

Dan2020

Advanced Member
Has anyone had the Buddyclub Spec 3 fitted for a trackday?

Did it make it through the sound testing with the bung in? :-k

ian.herm01

Advanced Member
Get yourself an iphone and use the noise metre app. There are two general track day noise tests, one and 4.5k revs the other at 3/4max revs, measured at either 1 metre or 1/2 metre.

The bung in my CRX skunk2 megapower reduced the noise from 105 db to 94 db.

rodney

Advanced Member
Surley the bung defeats the point of the exhaust/mods, the bungs restrictive as fook is it not :?:

cosmic_chi

well the spoon N1 is supposed to be 105db but last month i was at brands hatch, i only hit 98db, this is with the spoon b-pipe and AEM CAI. best to get down to a or the track and get it noise tested and then you will know.

Dan2020

Advanced Member
rodney said:
Surley the bung defeats the point of the exhaust/mods, the bungs restrictive as fornicate is it not :?:
A bung would just be for track day use, but it would probably still be less restrictive than the twinloop!

Buy an iphone just for the db test app!!lol!! I think I'll find someone with a db meter!!lol!

lockwood77

Advanced Member
I thought the Twinloop was fairly free-flowing all considered?

If you use a bung you will get frustrated, it really reduces power. I remember putting mine in the N1 on a DC2, it was like driving through treacle.

Dan2020

Advanced Member
lockwood77 said:
I thought the Twinloop was fairly free-flowing all considered?

If you use a bung you will get frustrated, it really reduces power. I remember putting mine in the N1 on a DC2, it was like driving through treacle.

The twinloop is better than standard but not as free flowing as most other exhausts. Superb build quality though!!

Hmmm, i'll try the bung in for a couple of days and see how it feels on the ass dyno!!lol!

ian.herm01

Advanced Member
Twin loop is only "restrictive" when heavily modded with cams etc..........for examples compared with Js racing 70mm, which will make your ears bleed.