Spec D Halo/Projector headlights

WraithPriest

Advanced Member
I know a few guys on here have them so I have a couple of questions I'd like answered if possible :)

1) Does the fact they use the H1 bulbs remove the need for our OEM ballasts?

2) Has the exterior plastic started to peel for anyone? I've seen some reviews that have said they peeled within 6 months.

3) Is the vertical/horizontal adjustment sufficient to prevent any problems at MOT time?

4) Overall, how have you found the performance and quality?

k!ng

Advanced Member
I've got the Mars ones which from a quick image search appear to be the same thing. In think they go under a number of names but are essentially all the same.

They use H1 bulbs so yeah don't need the ballasts unless you get the HID ones.

The plastics seem hard wearing. Not sure how old mine are as they were already in the car but they still look new after +1 years. However the mounting tabs break easily especially the top one.

Headlight adjustment seems ok for mot.

Overall the fitment isn't quite oem quality. It's good but not perfect. The angel eyes are imho not bright enough. Night driving was worse than oem.
Saying that someone hacked the wires to fit them so that could cause some of my issues.

WraithPriest

Advanced Member
HondaFunction said:
I've got the Mars ones which from a quick image search appear to be the same thing. In think they go under a number of names but are essentially all the same.

They use H1 bulbs so yeah don't need the ballasts unless you get the HID ones.

The plastics seem hard wearing. Not sure how old mine are as they were already in the car but they still look new after +1 years. However the mounting tabs break easily especially the top one.

Headlight adjustment seems ok for mot.

Overall the fitment isn't quite oem quality. It's good but not perfect. The angel eyes are imho not bright enough. Night driving was worse than oem.
Saying that someone hacked the wires to fit them so that could cause some of my issues.
I actually purchased them a while back and fitted them. However, as I live somewhere with way too many unlit b-roads I've actually got a brand new pair of OEM headlights ready to go in and I'm just waiting on HIDs direct to send me the correct wiring harness so I can fit their kit and get them fitted.

They look absolutely great in the car, I just wish I lived in a city with streetlighting instead of the arse end of Wiltshire.

Lukeyboi89

Advanced Member
WraithPriest said:
I actually purchased them a while back and fitted them. However, as I live somewhere with way too many unlit b-roads I've actually got a brand new pair of OEM headlights ready to go in and I'm just waiting on HIDs direct to send me the correct wiring harness so I can fit their kit and get them fitted.

They look absolutely great in the car, I just wish I lived in a city with streetlighting instead of the arse end of Wiltshire.
Can you update us with which hid direct kit and wiring harness you uses please as I need the whole thing too!

Cheers