Specific service guides? 100,000 miles for me

LiamGTR

Advanced Member
I've tried looking through the sections, I also can't download the manual as I'm only on an iPad now and not worked it out yet.

I'm pan out to come up to 100,000 miles, looking to buy all parts myself and then get a local garage to fit it all and what not, my car came with no service history so I'm not gonna waste obey going to Honda.

Any idea what I'd need for my 100,000 mile service?

Gordyitrdc5

Advanced Member
If it was me i would change everything,

Oil.
Oil filter
Spark plugs
Air filter (if running oem box)
Pollen filters
Coolant
Power steering fluid
Brake fluid (change every 2 yrs)
Auxiliary Belts (just for a peace of mind)

coyote_dc5

Administrator
Staff member
I think between 100-150k I had injectors cleaned, fuel pump filter changed and timing chain and tensioner changed.

Mark_teg

Staff member
If it was me i would change everything,

Oil.
Oil filter
Spark plugs
Air filter (if running oem box)
Pollen filters
Coolant
Power steering fluid
Brake fluid (change every 2 yrs)
Auxiliary Belts (just for a peace of mind)

Agree with above ^^

You could test the coolant as it may be ok (if it's 100% the honda stuff! it should be ok). But then it's only £20 or so...
Take the lid off the power steering fluid and check how clean it is to help you decide on that..
When you change your brake fluid you may as well fit braided lines the same time ;)

LiamGTR

Advanced Member
Ok so I'm starting to purchase things and so far I've got in my basket:
http://www.opieoils.co.uk/p-4090-denso-iridium-power-spark-plug-ik22.aspx
http://www.opieoils.co.uk/p-984-fuchs-titan-supersyn-5w-40-high-performance-fully-synthetic-engine-oil.aspx
http://www.opieoils.co.uk/p-74157-hamp-synergy-oil-filter-shortie.aspx
http://www.opieoils.co.uk/p-60197-fuchs-titan-zh-4300-b-synthetic-hydraulic-fluid.aspx

If any of this is not suitable can anybody please let me know., I'm looking to order before 5pm.

P.s. I know these aren't the best most expensive items but when you've just had to pay £230 for a new window regulator and labour, and it's Christmas, it's all I can do.

integraleo

Advanced Member
I don't tend to service my car like that I replace things as an when I want or need to. For instance since I've owned the car ( 2.5 years) I've done:
Oil and filter change 3 times
New spark plugs once
New fuel filter
Replaced aem filter once
Swapped for new injen
Gearbox oil twice
Brake fluid once
Coolant done in summer
Pollen filters ( fitted couple months ago...didn't have any in there)
But none of that was to a schedule apart from oil change once a year just replaced bit by bit and kept receipts for everything I bought.

LiamGTR

Advanced Member
integraleo said:
I don't tend to service my car like that I replace things as an when I want or need to. For instance since I've owned the car ( 2.5 years) I've done:
Oil and filter change 3 times
New spark plugs once
New fuel filter
Replaced aem filter once
Swapped for new injen
Gearbox oil twice
Brake fluid once
Coolant done in summer
Pollen filters ( fitted couple months ago...didn't have any in there)
But none of that was to a schedule apart from oil change once a year just replaced bit by bit and kept receipts for everything I bought.
I kinda do do that, but also like to stick to what's recommended as well. Considering the car currently has NO service stamps etc. it's pointless me starting one now so like you say I just keep receipts of everything.

wj51fut

Advanced Member
Honda did say that the chain and tensioner should be changed at 100k miles BUT since have retracted that and say that they should last the life if the engine. Although Tom at TGM has done a few recently. Not cheap at around £400-£450 but better than £4k for a new engine!

wj51fut

Advanced Member
Timing chain and tensioner are £155 from Tegiwa. You will more than likely need a crank pulley bolt too as I've been told that these can snap/cross thread. £12 from Honda. That's it. If you fancy doing it yourself??!