Speed converter thingy

Croccy

Show Co-ordinator
Anyone know where the speed converters are fitted?

Mine has started to spaz out especially when in VTEC. It used to flick around a little bit but it's now so bad that the needle dropped below 20mph during a VTEC moment, The VTEC then cut out and nearly threw me through the soddin windscreen!!! :)

Gonna see about getting a new one but just wanted to check the wiring before hand.

Matt.

davidpingu

Advanced Member
First place to look Is on top of the gearbox. Mine is easy to see but if you have something like a gruppe M I'm not sure if you'd need to move that out the way. Follow the speed sensor from the top of the box (from experience check this isn't loose) back a bit and you should see a little black box if it's there.

If your unlucky it will be behind the clocks and you'll have to drop them down to get at it from what I've read from other posts

Croccy

Show Co-ordinator
Hmmm, Might give TorqueGT a ring and see if they can remember where they put it hehe. Don't fancy pulling the car to pieces looking for a little black box again. Had to do it to find my alarm fuse and it took bloody ages!

Matt.

Erm

Advanced Member
any decent fitter would have it fitted ontop of the gearbox... the majority should be there.

Mark_teg

Staff member
Hmmm, Might give TorqueGT a ring and see if they can remember where they put it hehe. Don't fancy pulling the car to pieces looking for a little black box again. Had to do it to find my alarm fuse and it took bloody ages!

Matt.

Mine is on top of the gearbox, so my bet is yours is the same :)

Croccy

Show Co-ordinator
Spoke to Torque GT and they think it will be behind the clocks :p

Guess i'm just gonna have to search!

Matt.

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
it will be easy to see if its by the gearbox, just look for the non oem tape job it is a small chip with a few wires