Speed fab or solid fab exhaust

nathan94

Hi guys just looking to see if anyone is running a speed fab exhaust on a dc5 just looking for videos of sound a quality before making my decision, I‘ve seen a few videos of the solidfab just want to make the right decision.

Thanks for any help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DC5Curn

Advanced Member
2ndy said:
Custom exhausts never sound as good as the Japanese brand items
Totally agree. The solid fab 3" makes great power and looks like a work of art. It is however really loud and has no where near the character that my Kaki had previously

2ndy

Advanced Member
DC5Curn said:
Totally agree. The solid fab 3" makes great power and looks like a work of art. It is however really loud and has no where near the character that my Kaki had previously
I went from a HKS hi power and was gutted at the noise difference, fair enough I made a bit of extra power but that was from a very old HKS which had more repairs than any exhaust I‘ve seen..

If they hadn‘t discontinued the dc5 HKS I‘d far rather have the small power loss and the excellent sound

nickshek

I inherited a 3inch solid fab system on mine - I don't like the sound at all! Have to agree with the lads here, good for power but not for sound, I'm probably going to swap mine out for something else.

Sent from my SM-G9350 using Tapatalk

nathan94

Thanks for the feed back guys really put on hold with that order now will have to look Into it a little more, I was running a skunk 2 mega power r that was amazing for power gains but very loud so good for any track use at all so want to keep something with good power and flow but also want it to sound good and be able to get on track

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GIBLETS

Advanced Member
Best off the shelf quality exhaust has to be the Fujitsubo RM01A, no drone, quiet in town but nice on spirited runs and reasonable power.

Torque GT stock them at a decent price.

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
GIBLETS said:
Best off the shelf quality exhaust has to be the Fujitsubo RM01A, no drone, quiet in town but nice on spirited runs and reasonable power.

Torque GT stock them at a decent price.
Loved mine, no issues with it at all and it made good power.

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Fujitsubo RM01A or Kakimoto Regu 06&R are the best. I have a DC Sport and it sounds lovely so if and when it packs up or needs replacing I will get one of those.

Cennix1

I had a DC sports catback which was fitted at TGM a few years back, last year I decided to get a custom one from R-tec which was highly recommended by friends as it needed replacing and I wasn't happy with the fitment of the DC sports.

It sounded better than any off the shelf I have heard at new, amazing crossover and the fitment was perfect, but after nearly a year the crossover just doesn't sound as good as it did at first, and infact the 4 year old DC sports sounded better.

If I had the option now, I'd definitely get an off the shelf option.

carl hammond

Advanced Member
I had a DC sports catback which was fitted at TGM a few years back, last year I decided to get a custom one from R-tec which was highly recommended by friends as it needed replacing and I wasn't happy with the fitment of the DC sports.

It sounded better than any off the shelf I have heard at new, amazing crossover and the fitment was perfect, but after nearly a year the crossover just doesn't sound as good as it did at first, and infact the 4 year old DC sports sounded better.

If I had the option now, I'd definitely get an off the shelf option.
What fitment issues have you had / did you have with the DC one? Mine sits lovely and sounds epic imo. I have the manifold back though so maybe this is why it sits spot on

Cennix1

It was sitting too high and rattling on the bumper, I probably could have sorted it but I knew it was on its way out anyway so I just didn't bother.

carl hammond

Advanced Member
It was sitting too high and rattling on the bumper, I probably could have sorted it but I knew it was on its way out anyway so I just didn't bother.
Oh ok fair enough, mines solid as a rock but I had stronger mounts added also, my only concern is that it seems to eat gaskets lol (not a massive issue as a cheap fix) but had two go in a year) :-(

Just hope mine doesn't go any time soon as I honestly love the noise it makes, but have concerns about some tracks (it maybe a little too loud with my other mods on full chat)

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Toda is another one, highly recommend that. Full of character, fits perfect, doesn't hang low, large internal diameter and track friendly.

Fez

Advanced Member
I've got a fujitsubu power getter on mine, and it sounds amazing tbf, i wasnt fussed on how an exhaust sounded i just wanted it to breathe better and be quiet enough for track, but the way it sounds from outside is amazing.