Speed pulse sensor wire colour

Slynx

Hello all
First post on this site and soon to be DC5 owner :D (Deposit paid on a 51 plate CW with C pack))
Have a technical question before I even take delivery! How sad is that!
As I have removed the Honda double din sat-nav unit out of my (soon to be parted) Toyota MR2 roadster, and intend installing it in the DC5, can anyone tell me what colour the 'speed sensor wire' is? (This the wire that sends a signal to the speedo)
Your help would be appreciated.

Slynx

Blimey :shock: ,that was quick!
Thanks for that Steve. I take it that it's the pink wire - confirm that I can simply tap into it?
I would also presume that the diagram shows multipin plugs?
Whereabouts would I find them, and do I have to remove the instrument cluster to gain access?

Thanks
Howard

Wootty

Advanced Member
Hey - i reckognise that picture :wink:

Use the pink one. I had to wire up my AVIC X1R into that as the fitting company didn't do it as thet said they would.

Actually - i connected it to the RPM sensor at first by mistake - should have seen the SAT NAV try to sort out where it was :lol:

gonzo

Advanced Member
Slynx said:
Blimey :shock: ,that was quick!
Thanks for that Steve. I take it that it's the pink wire - confirm that I can simply tap into it?
I would also presume that the diagram shows multipin plugs?
Whereabouts would I find them, and do I have to remove the instrument cluster to gain access?

Thanks
Howard

All at ecu - under glove box!

tapping in is fine!

Slynx

Well, I installed the unit this weekend, and connected the speed sensor wire from the sat-nav unit to the 'pink' wire (the only pink wire at the ecu) and the sat-nav doesn't appear to be working correctly. Have I done something wrong? The reason I ask, is that the unit performed flawlessly in the MR2 when connected to the speed sensor wire.
Your help would be appreciated if anyone has any ideas.
By the way, the sat-nav is a double din Honda unit (rebadged Alpine) which is, or was, supplied as an optional extra in CRV's.

Thanks
Howard

Slynx

Well guys
Still no joy
Spoke to Dave at Steels Honda yesterday - he's going to check out the U.S. RSX manual and see if there's anything there that can help.
Otherwise anyone got any suggestions?

Cheers
Howard

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
Howard is the pink wire in the same location as the drawing??
i.e 9th from left middle row? I'm sure honda like other car manufacturers will change wire colours from time to time.
I assume you still left the wire connected to the ecu and pulse generator, like a "T".
If you are still struggling i'll take a look at the weekend if you bring it around.

Slynx

Joy at last :D
Just for future reference, the pin position is correct - pin #9 from the left, second row down on the first plug as you look at the ecu under the glove box, and the colour of the wire to tap into is WHITE with GREEN stripe, NOT a pink wire. This is where the confusion arose.
Hope this will help future installations.

Cheers
Howard

T666YPR

I think,maybe, the pink colour refers to the wires that come with a Rev Speed Meter,not the one on the actual car.

Wootty

Advanced Member
Thats exactly what i did - I realised when i looked at the navs set up menus and checked the speed pulse signal. It was at zero - good - till i started the engine up and then watched the counter ramp up with engine revs. Think you did the same as me then :lol: