Speedo Converter

s_v1

Hi,

I'm quite new to this forum and I have recently purchased a DC5, however the speedo is not working. Everything on the dials work except the speed reading so I don't know how fast I'm going which worries me, as there is loads of speed cameras around my area. I took it to my mechanic and he has found out it was the speedo converter which was playing up. So off I went finding a speedo converter and I found this which another forum member suggested:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SPEEDO-CONVERTOR-DELIMITER-HONDA-INTEGRA-PRELUDE-CIVIC-/400060708234?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item5d2579f58a

When he wired it up for me, the speedo seems to be hovering around 20-30 which was weird. He checked all the wiring and it seems to be fine.... he suggested that the speed converter I brought might be faulty?

What do you guys reckon I should purchase? All the dials work when he wired it back to KM but I would like it to be reading miles again

regards
Sam

nellly

Advanced Member
sounds faulty as long as its wired in right. its hard to say. would send it back and try another though.

Erm

Advanced Member
Agree with nellly

Edit: to say maybe worth emailing the seller on ebay to see if they've had any others back with a similar problem etc or if its a wiring problem maybe they'll have seen it before etc.

s_v1

Thanks for your input guys, I will have to go and see him again on Friday with a new converter. Hopefully he can sort it out 😔