Speedo Help Needed!!!!!!

Len-boy

Hi, Not sure if anyone can help....

I bought my JDM CTR last December and got it SVA'd etc.

The problem I have is that the Speedo is dead on 20% out. IE: When it reads 100mph I am acctually only doing 80mph. This isn't too much of a problem as I have a Road Angel that tells me my GPS speed.

The problem I have is I now realise that it is also recording miles on the meter at 20% MORE than what I have done IE: I have done 10,000 but it shows 12,000 on the clock :shock:

I rang the SVA place and they said that to get it through the SVA test it would have had to have been within tolerance (they basically fobbed me off and I don't fancy the trip to Southampton to dispute it)

It may be a case of just buying a new KPH to MPH convertor but don't want to waste my money if that's not guarenteed to sort it. Could it be that the final drive was set-up differently when it was being used in Japan and there is something that I can adust to change this?

Any advice would be appreciated or if someone has a spare 'convertor' I could borrow to test that may also be useful (or know where I can buy one cheap).

Cheers.

Unnamed_warrior

Advanced Member
hello mate, are you saying that you don't have a converter on your car for your speedo, or is it the one you have put on is not working correctly??

I would doubt anyone would have a spare as they would of had them fitted when the car was bought into the country..

if you want a converter you could contact the guys at powerstation as they do all the sva prep work for litchfield imports, so they would know the answer to your question

Mark

Len-boy

Hi mate,

I do have a convertor on my car but I'm not sure if it is the convertor that is faulty or if the final gear ratio is set-up wrong and is causing it to be that far out.

Thanks for your advice - I'll have to give someone who will know a call.

Len