Speedo (unusual)

chriscav

Hi,

Im looking at a dc5 to buy this week, have been to see it and drivin the car and it feels like a good example.
Im curious as to why the speedo only goes to 110mph, it is definately switched to mph but its strange that the top speed is alot higher.

Any thoughts?

buckley 88

Advanced Member
I think all Japanese cars are restricted to 117mph (188 kmh) maybe this one hasn't been derestricted

Stoo

Whining.....
Jap cars are limited to 180kmh (112MPH)
It sounds as if it hasn't been converted properly

buckley 88

Advanced Member
Think i'll prolong my search for the ideal car a little longer then :)
Im not sure how complex the procedure is to derestrict the cars but I shouldn't think its rocket science, a tidy Jap import garage should be able to sort it, If you feel as If the car Is a good car as In no faults etc look in to it

syko89

Atleast you know its not been ragged to death, if it seems a good car otherwise id get it, and maybe try get a little knocked off for getting it de-restricted :)

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
They have incorrectly fitted the speedo convertor then.

The convertor should be fitted to pass sva and change the kmph to mph . As a result the speed limiter is moved to 180mph ( yes it does work ;-). )

Rob R

Advanced Member
You'll just need to run a length of wire from the speedo convertor to the ecu. Mines been like it ever since I got it last September, will sort it out once I get it mapped

Rob R

Advanced Member
Can still smash it off the limiter all day long in 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th...trust me...