Spoiler from FD2 civic

Frazdog

Advanced Member
i think if it does fit it would be a definate good mod. i will pm andy n c if he will measure for me

200BHPCARS

Cars Trader
Hi fraz,

Should be getting the FD2 back soon so i will measure up and see if its a GO or no-go!! :p

Comments about the slop being different are probable correct though.

I will let you know in good time!!

p.s - the FD2 failed its intial Emissions test which isnt a surprise. Euro 4 is very strict - the results were as follows...

CO is 51.5% of limit,
HC is 105.6% of limit, and
NOx is 170% of limit
CO2 241 g/km

The car now needs some assitance to bring down the HC and Nox levels - probably in the form of another cat placed behind the original.

This will also bring down the value of the CO2 to below the highest tax bracket.

Of course this 2nd Cat will then have to be on each and every FD2 which passes through SVA from then on but this isnt too much of a hardship once we have the SVA exhaust in stock....

Let hope its on the Road soon!!

gaz3434

Advanced Member
200BHPCARS said:
Hi fraz,

Should be getting the FD2 back soon so i will measure up and see if its a GO or no-go!! :p

Comments about the slop being different are probable correct though.

I will let you know in good time!!
I realise it was a long time ago but was there ever a definitive answer to this question Andy? Or does anyone else know for sure?

gaz3434

Advanced Member
DolphiN Tech said:
I can take some measurements tonight if that would help?
Yes, measurements might be useful but I guess it's more of a case of comparing whether the general shape of the top of the bootlid is the same, as some people had mentioned they are 'sloped' differently?

I think it would look really well on the DC5 if it will fit, although it is nearly £400 before shipping costs according to the JapanParts website! :shock: http://www.japanparts.com/db/partslist. ... =7&volkey=

It might just be too expensive a risk only to find out that it doesn't fit! :lol:

jay82

Advanced Member
in the pic the spoiler looks abit tinner in width and smaller in height compared to the dc5, think the colours will look well on the dc5 but don't think fd2 spoiler would siut the car to be honnest.

logik

Advanced Member
I think it would look super on a DC5, hopefully Andy can let us know the measurements of it compared to the DC5 standard one.

DolphiN Tech

Advanced Member
Forward mounting holes are approx 1160mm apart, rear ones are 1130, 70mm gap fore-aft between the 2 sets

The change in bootlid will mean that there's a slightly different angle of attack on the spoiler blade.

kingston

Advanced Member
just buy a carbon spoiler and paint the ends to match if all your after is the black insert to the spoiler.

by the time youve finshed fooking around trying to get it fit as it wont be perfect, it will be cheaper to get a cf one from seibon at around 300 and paint the ends

gaz3434

Advanced Member
It might be even easier to get some carbon fibre-look sheeting and stick it to the horizontal part of the OEM DC5 spoiler! Would be a hell of a lot cheaper than either option.... :wink:

Newty

Advanced Member
Doesn't seem to be much difference in the two spoliers....I think the OEM DC5 one looks better, bit meatier on the sides. IMO, wouldn't be worth the hassle of a swap, for sure.

If anyone is that bothered, do as others have said...paint the middle black...or get a fat roll of black electricians tapes!!!