Spoiler seal / gasket

opulent

Advanced Member
Hi
I've just taken my spoiler off to paint it, some one in the past used tiger seal to bond it back on. I want to replace that with a proper seal. I'm sure there should of been one from factory?
Does anyone know how I can get one?

maxvr6

Advanced Member
I would just use that sticky spongy strip stuff used to stick number plates on with from Halfords, comes in a roll like tape and can be used for many other things, just cut it to shape its basically just double sided neoprene sticky tape, and its cheap as chips, I would just make sure you prep the surface well with isopropyl of similar. If you really want a proper factory seal maybe PM or call Dave Johnson from Steels Honda?

opulent

Advanced Member
Over looking at it the factor seal it would of been sticky tape... I think I want a removable way so I take it off to properly polish the boot lid top.

maxvr6

Advanced Member
Ah I see, when I removed my spoiler for cleaning there was the sticky spongy stuff on the spoiler side but not on the bootlid which allowed me to machine polish the marks left behind where someone had installed a Mugen style spoiler previously So it seems to me the spongy stuff is just there to close the gap and stop gunk/grit getting in there, its the bolts that are holding it on so I find it confusing why someone has used tiger seal to bond it to the boot?

Not sure this helps you though sorry!

opulent

Advanced Member
maxvr6 said:
Ah I see, when I removed my spoiler for cleaning there was the sticky spongy stuff on the spoiler side but not on the bootlid which allowed me to machine polish the marks left behind where someone had installed a Mugen style spoiler previously So it seems to me the spongy stuff is just there to close the gap and stop gunk/grit getting in there, its the bolts that are holding it on so I find it confusing why someone has used tiger seal to bond it to the boot?

Not sure this helps you though sorry!
think I'm gonna order a big closed cell neoprene sheet and make something up myself. need light seals sorting at well so will have ago at making them also . I'm confused to why as well! the bolt are perfectly strong and not damaged in anyway
its had some paintwork done on the boot lid in the past and i think they got what ever hand to seal it... some body shops just don't think about the long term damage it can cause.

its brought some of the paint off in few tiny spots when getting it off, properly annoyed me! lucky for me my dad does body work repair as his own business and I'm slowly learning it so can sort it properly myself. I've done a short term fix and touched in the areas that need to but shall get it properly repaired when i have a spare day.. can see it while the spoiler it on there thank god!

Benneh

Advanced Member
I know this is an old thread but thought I would post in to say that the OEM part number for the seal, as far as I can tell, is 71716-S6M-Z01. These come packaged individually at £6.50 from Lings. The gasket foam is different to anything I've used before, and certainly different to the types of sticky foam you get with number plates etc.