Spoon 2:1 Manifold

T666YPR

The parts I ordered from Japan are starting to come through and this is the first time I've seen a Spoon 2:1 for the DC5.

Pic Of Spoon 2:1 De-Cat

Found out it came with a stress spring and what looks suspiciously like a cat :? Does this mean both sensors can be fitted? :? :D
This looks completely different to the CTR 2:1 on the Spoon website.

MJ Type-R

Advanced member
There is NO CAT !! the two oxygen sensors need to be fitted, the 2-1 section already has nut locations for these :!: :!:

Note, hope you are aware, that by replacing the CAT the engine check light will come on and stay on :shock:

This, as far as I am aware, can only be solved with a O2 sim or a after market ECU (these ignore the emissions system) :wink:

Mike

Trung

Advanced Member
That looks very nice. 8)
The Spoon 2-1 for CTR is exactly the same as DC5. :!:

You're probably mistaken it as the CTR EK9 version.

T666YPR

Trung said:
You're probably mistaken it as the CTR EK9 version.
You're not mistaken,I did.This is what made me think that because both sensors could be fitted either side of that "cat" ( presumably it's only a silencer box section then,ah well :( ) the engine light wouldn't come on.
Any way it's going on along with a few of the other bits that have come and I'll have to sort out the check light later :D

Paul-CTR

Hi,

Will the 2-1 Manifold fit straight onto the 4-2 of a standard CTR and what sort of power increases can be claimed with the fitting of this manifold.

Thanks.

Paul-CTR

Oh and one more Q, does the Hondata relflashed ecu ignore the emissions and hence no CEL light?

Trung

Advanced Member
Paul-CTR said:
Hi,

Will the 2-1 Manifold fit straight onto the 4-2 of a standard CTR and what sort of power increases can be claimed with the fitting of this manifold.

Thanks.
The UK/Euro CTR has a completely different manifold and cat setup to JDM so that Spoon 2-1 section will not fit.

Oh and one more Q, does the Hondata relflashed ecu ignore the emissions and hence no CEL light?
Again no, you will require the Hondata K-Pro which is due out soon hopefully.

MUGEN N1 ECU

HI
WILL THE MUGEN N1 ECU BYBASS THE EMISSION CONTROL ,SO WILL NOT BRING UP THE ENGINE LIGHT IF I CHANGED THE CAT,I KNOW THE HONDA DATA K20 PRO WILL.

MUGEN N1 ECU

HI
WILL THE MUGEN N1 ECU BYBASS THE EMISSION CONTROL ,SO WILL NOT BRING UP THE ENGINE LIGHT IF I CHANGED THE CAT,I KNOW THE HONDA DATA K20 PRO WILL.

T666YPR

Mike posted about the Mugen and Spoon ECU's here:Opinions Please!

I've done nearly 2000miles since de-catting the car and still no sign of the checklight :?
It's a post Sept '03 updated car,would this make any odds?

Simon

P.S. STOP SHOUTING!! :wink:

Trung

Advanced Member
I think the case that DC5 dont throw up CEL when you decat it.
Chris (DC5K20A) has been running the Toda manifold for a while and his CEL dont turn on too.

T666YPR

Type R - Matt said:
Close up pick of the welding please, Spoon/Mugen are awesome best Ive ever seen.
That'll be a little difficult Matt as it's been on the car 2 months.
Got to say the 2:1 welding was good but the 4:2 looks a little...
..patchy :(
Spoon 4:2 Manifold

Outside looks good...but inside (can't see from pics unfortunately)
it could have been finished a little better.

ps2london

Advanced Member
i try to order the spoon 2-1, but they rise the price up!!!!!!!!!!!

showing 186+Vat at their homepage.
but not they ask for 287+Vat.

T666YPR

Franz

When I ordered mine:

Spoon (Jap) Website @ Y38000 ( approx £193 + del)
Taka Kaira Website @ Y24000 ( approx £122 + del)

So I ordered from TK and still got it cheaper than Spoon Japan
let alone Spoon Europe :D