Spoon 2-1 / rattle snake!!!

HONJA

Hi all!
I have a problem!
Recently brought a spoon 2-1 from a fellow member got it fitted and it sounds like a piece of
s**t!! It sounds really awfull as soon as you apply you your foot to the pedal it makes a really (really really) Bad rattling sound!! :(
took it back to the garage and they said all looks fine in terms of fitting!!
Does any1 know what the problem may be!?! I'm worried it may have something to do with the flexible section on the exhaust!!
Thanks jamie

gixer750

Advanced Member
Hi Jamie, spoon decats do rasp, there are many threads around here discussing the matter. I ran it with the 4-2, a buddy club cat back and freeflow airfilter so the rasp was far less pronounced. (as everything else drowned it out)
sorry you are unhappy with it :(

TypeRKid

Advanced Member
Its the resonator section (the cat bit) of the spoon 2-1 mate. Its normal to have that rattling sound as its just the air going through the resonator section of it. I quite liked it when i had it on mine as it was unique sound and different to other manifolds :)

Gaz DC5

Advanced Member
I just sold one of these, it sounded the same as you described for me too. Somebody did say to me that the sound is amplified if it is no sealed properly. I got mine fitted at TDI North and they said there was no problem with it at all and thats how they always sound. It wasn't to my liking either mate.

HONJA

Thanks for the responce guys!
And danny it's not your fault bud!
It's just not to my liking!! It's turning heads cus people think there is something wrong with it!!
I might keep it on for a while see if I change my mind!

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
wrapping it with decent exhaust wrap will reduce the noise, worked well for me.

gixer750

Advanced Member
HONJA said:
Thanks for the responce guys!
And danny it's not your fault bud!
It's just not to my liking!! It's turning heads cus people think there is something wrong with it!!
I might keep it on for a while see if I change my mind!
thanks Jamie, had this horrible feeling it had got damaged and was now far more noisy. :?
my buddyclub cat back had a rattling baffle in the midpipe so I never paid any attention to the spoon 4-2.
it looks too shiny to wrap with heat bandage...but it sounds like it may be a solution :wink:

linzi94

Advanced Member
mine only makes a tiny "raspy" sound.... you cant really hear it over all the other racket - i mean the general sound of a k20 on a spirited drive :)