spoon 2-1 section....

AdrianK

Advanced Member
I am thinking about getting one of these as a decat, to go with my spoon N1 exhaust system.

What difference if any will changing it make, in respect to noise, power, will it make the car run lean etc...??

Adrian

lockwood77

Advanced Member
Possibly lean, yes, not sure if it depends on other elements of the exhaust system being changed or if that's enough to push it over the edge on its own.

I chatted to Paul at System-R about the Spoon 2-1, he did make a comment about them being difficult to get off for the MOT (not as difficult as a one-piece manifold like the Toda though!) but more importantly, there are a couple of bolts that do not like being repeatedly done/undone and can break as a result. Can't remember which ones though, sorry!

I think others on here have taken this route as a compromise on the de-cat/manifold upgrade vs. MOT situation, no doubt they can offer some direct experience.

AdrianK

Advanced Member
That ws the reason i like it, its an 'easier' way to get the decat but be able to make the car MOT ready easily.

TGM said that the swap is very quick and easy, but i can believe it would not be good to undo the bolts regularly.

dp9901 is yours a spoon? it looks very similar in the classified ad.

dp9901

Advanced Member
hi im not 100%sure but searching on the internet it looks like only spoon seem to do it so its poss but no name on exhaust anywhere so not going to say it defo is if its not if you understand that :? but its just in my way at home and was in boot of car when i got it. :)

lockwood77

Advanced Member
Adrian, does you N1 have a Spoon plate on it anywhere? I don't remember either my N1 or b-pipe on the DC2 having a Spoon logo on them, so chances are dp's is one - as he says, I don't know of any others.