spoon 4-2,2-1 fitted but...

linzi94

Advanced Member
...im sure i cant hear the slightest hint of vtec anymore :?

im not even so sure that it feels like its going into vtec, the car is moving probably as quickly as it did before but without the obvious vtec.

is this coinsidence, is it normal, is it vtec failure?

im changing my oil at the weekend and the level is currently just under max.

any help?

Frank

Advanced Member
Is the AEM quieter, exhaust louder or you just can't hear it?? :?

linzi94

Advanced Member
with the aem its a tad louder, the new exhaust parts do change the tone slightly, but its not any louder than usual, i just cant seem to feel or hear any vtec.

linzi94

Advanced Member
well, me and dougie are goin out to kick its ass round a bit at the weekend, it sat for nearly a week without moving so mybe it just needs a raz.

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
did you have a proper mani and decat before the spoon??

If you didn't you will be running very lean, i would not recomend razzing anywhere until you get a remap, sorry to put a dampner on things.

linzi94

Advanced Member
i had vtec around 6000 revs the day after it was fitted, now its just like its faded away. :cry:

BadBadtz

Advanced Member
you really should be able to feel the difference when on cam even if you cant hear it.

As above, try resetting the ECU. Pull out the fuse for 30secs

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry Frank but the apexi units don't work on our engines even though they say they do. it is pointless changing vtec point and fuel unless cam angles can be adjusted which unfortunatly with the apexi unit they cant.
Linzi
if you have Intake and full exhaust your car will be running lean. get it checked at a RR asap,

if your engine is running lean it may well be pinking (aka knock) you have a knock sensor which when activated will retad your ignition timing to suit. this could very well be why you think you have lost the VTEC.

Jayk

Advanced Member
shouldnt run lean with those breathing mods on stock ECU. if it is then you need a remapped ECU.

Frank

Advanced Member
I have Intake and pro spec 1 cat back, will my car be running lean?? :?

BadBadtz

Advanced Member
Take out a plug and check the colour. If its white then you are running lean. If its brown'ish then you are fine.

Induction and manifold will lean things out

linzi94

Advanced Member
i'll check that aswell when im replacing the rocker cover gasket.

one of my mates suggested that i may not notice tec as much if the mid range power has been increased by the manifold and 2-1.

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
Every engine we have done has been lean once the manifold and decat have been fitted.

Easy question.
call Paul at TDi North and say, "will my car be lean if i fit a spoon mani and decat? i already have intake and cat back system"

I am fairly sure he will say it will be lean. the std ecu cannot compensate enough for the extra breathing mods.