Spoon 4:2 Manifold: Result!!

T666YPR

Final bit of fettling before the ECU gets done.

Click For Pics: Spoon 4:2 Manifold

Have been waiting for some proper readouts to come before posting.Unfortunately the gifs I've been sent aren't in the same format as previously,so I decided to post the temporary sheet I was given until others come,seeing as the mani has been done quite some time now.

Didn't expect a lot from this mod but was pleasantly surprised.

Torque was:128.1ft/lb . . . Power @hubs was:182.0bhp

Torque now:127.5ft/lb . . . Power @hubs now:188.6bhp

Peak Torque is down slightly but theres more and for longer esp at top end
Peak Power is up and again added at top end

Car was dyno'd on a warm sunny day so bear in mind the air intake temp was a lot higher than previous figs.
(Will show readouts when I get them properly)

T666YPR

Thanks Mark,

The guy's at Thor reckon mines putting out between 230 and 240 when compared to mine when it was first dyno'd (standard).

I'm generally being conservative and saying 230 to anyone that asks :wink:

The car feels more eager before vtec,where I thought I would lose torque

Feels smoother as well 8)

All bodes well for when I get the ECU done (unfortunately,Doug coming in June is too early for me :( )

Roll on Castle Combe (though I'll still be slowest)

Simon

Unnamed_warrior

Advanced Member
T666YPR said:
Thanks Mark,

Roll on Castle Combe (though I'll still be slowest)

Simon
Hahha no way ... once you learn the track, which should take about 5 laps .. you will be flying past everyone.. well everyone thats not in a DC5 :wink:

BTW ... I notice you put yourself in the novice group WTF.... get your ar$e in the advance group with us... Don't forget I haven't done castle coombe either but I have put myself in the advance group.. so make the switch and join us DC5's ... be cool if all of us are whipping around together on track..

UW

T666YPR

Job Done 8)

BTW is the Honda R Advance,Novice etc meant for us?

Or are they just lapping fodder :wink:

I am assuming it's sessions,so any chances about going up against the other vtecs?
Purely to compare cars of course

Unnamed_warrior

Advanced Member
No mate we can go in the Honda R as we havent paid our membership..

So we have to go in the normal Advance ... but that has a lot of good toys in there to play with ...