Spoon 4-2 manifold, worth it or not?

Linus27

Advanced Member
Hi,

My DC5 currently has the Spoon 2-1 decat, Spoon b-pipe, OEM back box, AEM V2 and K100. I am wondering is it worth getting the Spoon 4-2 manifold and map tweak or will the gains not be that noticeable?

Linus27

Advanced Member
Chelt_scene said:
Aren't spoon systems fairly restrictive? And why am oem backbox?
Chelt_scene said:
Aren't spoon systems fairly restrictive? And why am oem backbox?
I'm not sure. I believe the Spoon b-pipe and N1 are very good. No idea about the 4-2 and 2-1 manifold though.

I did have the Spoon N1 back box fitted but it's too loud for track. Only downside now is with the OEM back box it's fairly quiet. I do have a Fujisubo Power Getter cat back in the loft so I might try and fit that next week to see if it's any louder.

With the Spoon 2-1, Spoon b-pipe, OEM back box, AEM V2 and K100 it made 227bhp. Would like to get close to 240bhp if possible so just looking at all possible options.

Phil r type

Advanced Member
Linus27 said:
Hi,

My DC5 currently has the Spoon 2-1 decat, Spoon b-pipe, OEM back box, AEM V2 and K100. I am wondering is it worth getting the Spoon 4-2 manifold and map tweak or will the gains not be that noticeable?

Phil r type

Advanced Member
Dose your car throw a engine check light with the spoon decat ? Was thinking of getting one but I'm stock ecu so dont no if a check light will come on :)

Linus27

Advanced Member
Phil r type said:
Dose your car throw a engine check light with the spoon decat ? Was thinking of getting one but I'm stock ecu so dont no if a check light will come on :)
Yes, it will more than likely come on. You will need to get a remap.

tricker_luke

Advanced Member
I had the full Spoon system and after swapping the 2-1 and 4-2 to a Buddyclub header I lost a small amount at the top end but gained about 10-15lb torque throughout the range, which was a lot more noticeable.
The 4-2 and 2-1 combo gives better top end power, but they advise keeping the oem cat if you want better mid range, if using the Spoon 4-2.

Linus27

Advanced Member
tricker_luke said:
I had the full Spoon system and after swapping the 2-1 and 4-2 to a Buddyclub header I lost a small amount at the top end but gained about 10-15lb torque throughout the range, which was a lot more noticeable.
The 4-2 and 2-1 combo gives better top end power, but they advise keeping the oem cat if you want better mid range, if using the Spoon 4-2.
Thanks Luke for the info. Seriously considering ditching the Spoon 2-1 and getting a 4-2-1 system.

tricker_luke

Advanced Member
I think I lost about 7hp top end but the low and mid range increase was well worth it. Plus, my 4-2 had cracked so I needed to replace it anyway and the Buddyclub has been perfect since!