Spoon b pipe modification

BadBoy

Advanced Member
As you may be aware the baffles on my silencer are rattling, thus I now have the option of getting a new silencer put in place or an unsilenced bit of pipe to replace the existin silencer.

What do you think? I am thinking unsilenced as it is cheaper and I still have the oem bbox, thought the car was just the same noise wise with the spoon pipe.

I am not going the decat/manifold route as I can't be bothered, been there done that with the ctr even though I hace a dc manifold lying in my loft.

SpaceMonkey

Advanced Member
I don't know if this helps, but the Spoon B Pipe running stock back box on a CTR just sounds a wee bit more angry than stock & can see some decent gains tbh.

Should be the same on the DC5.

BadBoy

Advanced Member
yep, but I need to replace the silencer with one or the other to go with oem bbox.

SpaceMonkey

Advanced Member
BadBoy said:
yep, but I need to replace the silencer with one or the other to go with oem bbox.
The Spoon B Pipe will match up to the OEM Back box though :?

Have we got crossed wires? :lol:

BadBoy

Advanced Member
SpaceMonkey said:
BadBoy said:
The Spoon B Pipe will match up to the OEM Back box though :?

Have we got crossed wires? :lol:
Indeed, my spoon b pipe silencer rattles so I am looking at chopping the silencer with a new silencer or straight bit of pipe :D

SpaceMonkey

Advanced Member
BadBoy said:
Indeed, my spoon b pipe silencer rattles so I am looking at chopping the silencer with a new silencer or straight bit of pipe :D
Sorry Buddy :oops:

Hayward & Scott could fab one for you mate.

BadBoy

Advanced Member
Deed has been done, I now have an unsilenced spoon b pipe on my car and it isn't loud at all, has slightly changed the exhaust note.