Spoon B-pipe

scottr89

Advanced Member
Do these make much of a difference guys?? I have the spoon N1 Catback but I don't think I have the back pipe?

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Cheers guys. I'd like to get one at some point and mate it up to the back box as mine is quite a quiet system, was thinking of going unsilenced as the noise should be quite nice that way.

Expensive though aren't they? On the Spoon Sports Europe site they're like £400 odd. You could get a custom full system for that price.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Bally_Jdm

Advanced Member
I've sold 2 of these both for 230-250£. In my opinion the customised 2.5 inch design that's made by R8BYB (CTRO owners club) is alot nicer and which I've switched for.

JDM points though?

Mark_teg

Staff member
Crazylegs said:
Cheers guys. I'd like to get one at some point and mate it up to the back box as mine is quite a quiet system, was thinking of going unsilenced as the noise should be quite nice that way. Expensive though aren't they? On the Spoon Sports Europe site they're like £400 odd. You could get a custom full system for that price. Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
If you want to go unsilenced you could go custom or there's always Supersprint (top of the page):

http://www.eightspeed.co.uk/acatalog/DC5_Cat_Back.html

Personally, I'd keep the silencer especially if you plan to change the manifold at a later date. Depends how you like it of course..

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Bally_Jdm said:
I've sold 2 of these both for 230-250£. In my opinion the customised 2.5 inch design that's made by R8BYB (CTRO owners club) is alot nicer and which I've switched for.

JDM points though?
I've seen a few clips of some EP3's with this b pipe on, aren't they made for the EP3 specifically which means they'd need modifying to fit the DC5?

Who is this R8BYB guy and what made you switch? Is yours Unsilenced or silenced and how much was it if you don't mind me asking?

Mark_teg said:
If you want to go unsilenced you could go custom or there's always Supersprint (top of the page):

http://www.eightspeed.co.uk/acatalog/DC5_Cat_Back.html

Personally, I'd keep the silencer especially if you plan to change the manifold at a later date. Depends how you like it of course..
This is what I'm thinking, just get an unsilenced custom full system rather than forking out £250 odd or possibly more on what is essentially just a mid section.

Are the Supersprint one's any good?

Mark_teg

Staff member
I've never used one so can't really comment sorry, had the spoon though..
At £200 for a straight through pipe, if it's what you want, I wouldn't be worried :)

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
The Supersprint one sounds like a good one too and a fair bit cheaper.

I'll make a decision nearer the time I think, cheers for the feedback guys.

Phil r type

Advanced Member
anton1234 said:
The ep3 pipe is around 20mm shorter and the holes at the cat end are closer together so need expanding to fit a dc5 :)
yes i found this out, had to go all A team on it :xgrin:

Bally_Jdm

Advanced Member
Crazylegs said:
I've seen a few clips of some EP3's with this b pipe on, aren't they made for the EP3 specifically which means they'd need modifying to fit the DC5?

Who is this R8BYB guy and what made you switch? Is yours Unsilenced or silenced and how much was it if you don't mind me asking?

This is what I'm thinking, just get an unsilenced custom full system rather than forking out £250 odd or possibly more on what is essentially just a mid section.

Are the Supersprint one's any good?
Hey, the EP3 and DC5 systems are the same it's solely the backbox which is different.

I picked up an Unsilenced Bpipe for around 120£ second hand. What made me switch is that my car was fairly low and i didnt want to ruin the spoon bpipe by scrapping it...

Also the unsilenced sounds very good :)

Mark_teg

Staff member
Bally_Jdm said:
Hey, the EP3 and DC5 systems are the same it's solely the backbox which is different.
Not entirely true.. As above, the EP3 b-pipe needs minor modification the fit the DC5.

Bally_Jdm

Advanced Member
well ive got the R8BYB on my DC5.. which was on my EP3... so it is true. I didnt modify anything. straight on.

Both on my cars with the same Bpipe

anton1234

Advanced Member
You can get the the ep3 pipe to fit but it pulls the cat up tighter to the underside of the car and can knock on a rough road, this is my experience from a supersprint ep3 b pipe