Spoon B-pipe

PalfyR

Advanced Member
I had a tegiwa manifold with the spoon system and to be fair it was too loud for me sounded awesome when in vtec but at low speeds and start up from cold it was very loud.....

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Not entirely true.. As above, the EP3 b-pipe needs minor modification the fit the DC5.
I thought it was the other way round as all b pipes regardless of whether they're Spoon, Supersprint or that other make are all a straight fit for a DC5 with modification required in order for it to fit an EP3?

Or am I getting mixed up here? Lol

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

PalfyR

Advanced Member
The b pipe is the same for the ep3 and the dc5 it's the back box which is different the dc5 back box is longer!

Bally_Jdm

Advanced Member
PalfyR said:
The b pipe is the same for the ep3 and the dc5 it's the back box which is different the dc5 back box is longer!
This is what i thought.

Ive used the Spoon Bpipe on both my DC5 and m Ep3
and the same with the Unsilenced Bpipe.

anton1234

Advanced Member
The spoon b pipe is a dc5 part only but will fit the ep3, the back boxes are different lengths as the there is about 30cm difference in length between the cars, I'm not sayin it won't fit I'm just sayin due to being shorter then a knocking issue could be caused

poeter

Mark_teg said:
Not entirely true.. As above, the EP3 b-pipe needs minor modification the fit the DC5.
Mark is right. I thought ep3 and dc5 bpipes were identical too but apparently not.

DC5 b-pipe => 18220S6MJ01
EP3 b-pipe => 18220S5TZ01

I've looked up the OEM part numbers for the ep3 and dc5 and found that they had different part numbers. Therefore it does suggest there are minor differences between the ep3 and dc5 bpipe.

However, the dc5 and ep3 share the same part number for the spoon bpipe from what I've gathered.

anton1234 said:
The ep3 pipe is around 20mm shorter and the holes at the cat end are closer together so need expanding to fit a dc5 :)
I've got mugen bpipe for a dc5 which required some modifications to fit on my ep3. I guess this explains why my mugen bpipe hangs lower towards the cat and scraps when going over humps. Other ep3 owners with a proper ep3 mugen exhaust don't have my issue.

wj51fut

Advanced Member
I have Marks old Spoon B Pipe. It is quite loud at first on cold idle but once warmed up it gives a lovely tone. VTEC sounds awesome too. I had to cut and twist the rear exhaust flange to fit to my 5Zigen back box but it all seems to be ok. Been 3-4 years like that now. I wouldn't change it for anything else now.

Shortstuff

Advanced Member
I have Spoon B Pipe and Spoon N1 Backbox. Pretty confident that Spoon B pipe is DC5 only but does fit Ep3s

Love it! Spoon 4-2-1 next

Mark_teg

Staff member
Gok (aka Chinese Adam) said:
From Spoon themselves!!
Are these the guys that didn't know the k20 valve clearance settings, despite taking on the work for a DC5 ?. :p

Lewis93

Advanced Member
Shortstuff said:
I have Spoon B Pipe and Spoon N1 Backbox. Pretty confident that Spoon B pipe is DC5 only but does fit Ep3s

Love it! Spoon 4-2-1 next
I have just fitted the 4-2 spoon on mine mate and regretting it already, done less than a thousand miles and thinking of changing it - Paul from TDI said it's not very good for gains and size wise it's pretty much exactly the same as the OEM. Also the 2-1 has no cat and spoon recommend it to be purely for track use.

wj51fut

Advanced Member
Mark_teg said:
Are these the guys that didn't know the k20 valve clearance settings, despite taking on the work for a DC5 ?. :p
No Mark. This is the guy from Weston Super Mare. He knows what he's talking about. Not like the guys from Wellington! Lol

Shortstuff

Advanced Member
LewisK20 said:
I have just fitted the 4-2 spoon on mine mate and regretting it already, done less than a thousand miles and thinking of changing it - Paul from TDI said it's not very good for gains and size wise it's pretty much exactly the same as the OEM. Also the 2-1 has no cat and spoon recommend it to be purely for track use.
Interesting. What are you changing too? :)

dotty

Advanced Member
There's not a part number for an EP3 Spoon B-pipe. To fit the EP3 it's a DC5 part but with elongated holes at the cat end.

Wingnuttzz

Advanced Member
LewisK20 said:
Spoon only recommend the 2-1 decat for track use so they can get past the legalities of selling it to the public. We all know running a decat is technically illegal and an MOT failure, so manufacturers can't sell something for road use that we can't use.

You will find everyone that sells decat pipes/manifolds will advertise them for race use only, Toda, DC Sports J'sRacing etc etc.

As for the B-Pipes between the EP3 and DC5, they are the same so the Spoon B-Pipe or aftermarket "should" fit. I believe in OEM form the EP3 one will be a smaller bore to the DC5 one

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Gok (aka Chinese Adam) said:
No Mark. This is the guy from Weston Super Mare. He knows what he's talking about. Not like the guys from Wellington! Lol
*Cough East Brent Cough* haha but yeah genuine guy.