Spoon Blue wide view mirror glass fitted, before and after picture

MorttisMachine

I've just fitted the Spoon Blue wide view mirror glass in my DC5, not the cheapest option for replacement glass but happy with it so far. It has a slight curve to give a wider view and Blue tint to reduce glare.

Picture attached of before and after.

Attachments

spooke

Advanced Member
One of the best interior mods and mirrors imo, much cleaner than the likes of Broadways. Side mirrors look awesome and their new ones are even cheaper - however they aren't that sharp/clear.

SamDC5

Advanced Member
Kev.W said:
Did you remove the old mirror to fit or just stick on top?
It just sticks over the original glass. I love mine, it reduces glare and you can see loads more out of it. I really want the side mirror spoon glass. Well worth the money

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Kev.W

Advanced Member
SamDC5 said:
It just sticks over the original glass. I love mine, it reduces glare and you can see loads more out of it. I really want the side mirror spoon glass. Well worth the money
Yeah this is what I done but not particularly happy with the finish; I was wondering if anyone else has tried removing the OEM mirror to fit as this is what I‘m thinking of trying.

SamDC5

Advanced Member
Kev.W said:
Yeah this is what I done but not particularly happy with the finish; I was wondering if anyone else has tried removing the OEM mirror to fit as this is what I‘m thinking of trying.
I can't even tell my old mirror is there to be honest

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

kyle'87

Advanced Member
I have one of these, one of my first mods. Main reason was the glare from behind with night time driving, this eliminated the problem.

I expected it to fit in place of the original glass but it just slots into the housing over the old glass. Initially I was sceptical about the fitment but has been spot on since I fitted it and no one has even mentioned it, so to me that means it's as close to OEM as you can get.

Does shock the rear passengers when I can make eye contact with them both.

spooke

Advanced Member
When I first fitted the rear view mirror every time I used it it really threw me off and almost mad me feel dizzy :xaiweb5: mine's stuck on top (I actually broke one when fitting it cause I pushed too hard on the center, woops), side mirrors I removed the OEM glass and fitted the Spoon, a much better way than sticking them on.

MorttisMachine

When first fitted I agree it's a strange experience and I felt like I was driving a stretch limo, once you get use to it though it's all good. So far so good and did a great job of reducing glare on the night drive yesterday.

Rom

Advanced Member
Don't think it would attach with no original glass. The pads are designed specifically to mount on oem glass.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk