Spoon ecu

Steve95

Hi guys, i am trying to gather some info on my new teg, out came from Japan with a spoon sports ecu, 4/2/1 spoon manifold, cat is still on but no idea what type/ brand, mugen twin loop, and it had fitted over here a tegiwa carbon fibre airbox. I have read that when ordering a spoon ecu you tell them the mods you have and they program an ecu for you. With the mods i am running, what sort of increase would i see with these mods? ( i know it's guess work, just curious) and i know about kpro/k100, but as it came with the above mods, and it pulls very hard in vtec i am reluctant to change it as it is. It runs sweet and its no worse than my fn2 on fuel.
I came from a lightly modified fn2 (Flashpro, miltek, hks intake and stripped out interior) this is MILES quicker, it really pulls hard, today it spun the tyres in 3rd@ 60mph in the wet accelerating onto a duel carriageway.
I can't find a great deal of info on the ecu's either here or on the net, are they expensive? Worth keeping? Is it possible to map it?

Fez

Advanced Member
Take it to the dyno and see what the outcome is, see if the fuelling is correct etc.
But, if it is fast and feels good to drive, regardless of figures, if you're happy.. leave it as it is.

carl hammond

Advanced Member
As said above if it's not broken don't change it, get on a rolling road to check the Air Fuel ratio and that it's not over or under fuelling and job done. The only thing that's changed is the intake so a small change so wont make a huge difference at all. If you like it as it is then leave it alone and enjoy it imo