Spoon front lower brace/bar???

Boukstraus

I'm a complete novice at upgrading/tuning etc, bought a Spoon front lower brace/bar, just had a look at where exactly it bolts to the car, er...can't see anywhere??? :oops:

Now, i'm probably missing the obvious, any ideas what i should be lookin for? the instructions are for one, in japanese, and the size of a fag packet :!: and also look like only for a DC2 which is slightly worrying :shock:

Boukstraus

Can anyone at least re assure me that the Spoon lower bar does fit to a DC5 , please, pretty please :oops: Hoping i havent done the same as when i had my CTR, bought a Dc sports strut bar, not knowing you had to basically relocate the air con pipe and power steering resevior :(

AdrianK

Advanced Member
They do make a DC5 one, but its not the same part as for a DC2 im sure.

If yours is for a DC2 it wont fit id imagine.

Chris-DC5

Advanced Member
The spoon front lower brace does fit to the DC5 i have got one,

gust assemble the bar and end fittings and get under the car and offerit up, it is easy to see where it fits,

Cheers.

BadBadtz

Advanced Member
Easy to fit mate. You need to just remove one of the subframe bolts on each side and put the bracket underneath it.

And yes it does fit because I have one :wink:

Boukstraus

Must have just missed the obvious when i had a quick look under the car on the drive then, at least i know it fill fit now :lol:

Cheers everyone 8)

lockwood77

Advanced Member
I had these on my DC2 - drove half up a kerb to park, scraped along as you'd expect and at the next service the garage discovered that it had shorn one of the bolts in the sub-frame, leaving plenty of play in the whole wishbone assembly and explaining my slight "pulling to the left under power" experience!

They wouldn't let me drive it away owing to being dangerous (theoretically it could have come completely away from the sub-frame!) Had to be replaced at a cost of around a grand. :cry:

Suffice to say, it was the most expensive £50 mod I've ever done!

BadBadtz

Advanced Member
I've caught mine plenty times and it usually just bends out the way. Being aluminium it straightens up easily

Boukstraus

Holy ess h eye tea, how low does it hang?
i hope your cars are on lower springs!!!

Ahh, springs, i have a question i've been meaning to ask, what would cause the rear of my car to sit a little lower, a) worn springs through too many trips to tesco b) worn damper because of the same???

Might need to ask this on a new topic i suppose :lol:

BadBadtz

Advanced Member
the lower brace sits about 30mm lower than the sump so not that low. Only ever caught it since running on lowered Eibachs

BadBadtz

Advanced Member
Boukstraus said:
Ahh, springs, i have a question i've been meaning to ask, what would cause the rear of my car to sit a little lower, a) worn springs through too many trips to tesco b) worn damper because of the same???

Might need to ask this on a new topic i suppose :lol:
I think the rear sits lower as standard. Springs should determin the ride hight and not the shocks