Spoon front strut brace

SCOTTIECTR

Advanced Member
Okay, just got one of these and not had time to look at it really so was after a few tips as I've never fitted one before.

Can I leave the original strut brace on and fit the Spoon as well?
If so, do I undo the bolts then put the Spoon on or have to undo original then fit Spoon then re-fit original?

Thanks in advance,

Scott

SCOTTIECTR

Advanced Member
Thought so but worth double-checking. Cheers Steve.

off-topic, you seen the Gonzo's int eh Disney Store? They got a mini one with plungers on, would look cool hanging from your back window for the Euro tour! :lol:

Scott

T666YPR

You're meant to fit the brace while the front of the car is raised. and the wheels off the ground.

Going to redo mine cos of this :|

SCOTTIECTR

Advanced Member
Are you? why? If I'd have known I'd have got them to do it yesterday when it was lowered. :cry:

Livvy

Advanced Member
I'm confused :?

How the hell can you do it raised while the wheels are off the ground, surely when you undo the 3 bolts the strut will drop down. :?

SCOTTIECTR

Advanced Member
Livvy said:

How the hell can you do it raised while the wheels are off the ground, surely when you undo the 3 bolts the strut will drop down. :?
Hey, that sounds sensible, I didn't want to say in case I sounded stupid, as I'm not very techy :shock:

gonzo

Advanced Member
Livvy said:

Correct!! It would drop through!!

Who told you that Si????? :? :? :?

SCOTTIECTR said:
off-topic, you seen the Gonzo's int eh Disney Store? They got a mini one with plungers on, would look cool hanging from your back window for the Euro tour! Laughing
Can you?!!!!!

Anyone live near a disney store?!!! :lol: :lol:

SCOTTIECTR

Advanced Member
Got mine on now but couldn't find an allen key so just tightened by hand for now, hopefully that should be ok?

gonzo

Advanced Member
SCOTTIECTR said:
Got mine on now but couldn't find an allen key so just tightened by hand for now, hopefully that should be ok?

NOPE!!

Driving vibrations will work the bolts out!!!!

Take the brace off mate till you have the allen key! Don't want you loosing the bolts!!

gonzo

Advanced Member
SCOTTIECTR said:
OK, cheers Steve. what size allen key is it? might just go to Halfords and buy one.
errr...not sure TBH....I have a bunch of allen keys and just use on that fits!

andyd

Advanced Member
SCOTTIECTR said:
Are you? why? If I'd have known I'd have got them to do it yesterday when it was lowered. :cry:
take its the load off the 2 strut towers.

Andy

andyd

Advanced Member
SCOTTIECTR said:
:shock: You bored Andy this was over a month ago. Reading through the whole board?
Yea. just playing the waiting game now :cry: :cry: :lol: :lol:

Andy

andyd

Advanced Member
dobber said:
andyd said:
SCOTTIECTR said:
:shock: You bored Andy this was over a month ago. Reading through the whole board?
Yea. just playing the waiting game now :cry: :cry: :lol: :lol:

Andy
Ya little post whore :)
na i ani't whoring.

i felt my comments have today have all been very helpful :lol:

Andy