Spoon header 4-2 & 2-1 DC5R

FunkyR

How do these rate to other options?

I've heard from 1 person that Toda gains were better than Spoon....

Thanks!

dobber

Advanced Member
FunkyR said:
How do these rate to other options?

I've heard from 1 person that Toda gains were better than Spoon....

Thanks!
By a couple of BHP thats about all. If your going to mod your car heavily then toda is the way to go, if not then spoon is a very good option.

SiKBoY

Advanced Member
The Toda is better hands down but I have a Spoon 2-1 4-2 and I am very happy with it.

Duncs

on the plus side it makes life easier at mot time,
but Toda seems to be the 'chosen' one

SCOTTIECTR

Advanced Member
Duncs said:
on the plus side it makes life easier at mot time,
but Toda seems to be the 'chosen' one
I have a full Spoon system, I've loved the N1 since I heard it and had it on my CTR so there was no option really. I did play with the idea of Toda but I ddin't go for it due to the hassle at MOT time. I also personally don't like the look of the tailpipe on the backbox of Toda.

mikegsi

Staff member
toda does give better all round gains, but unless your friendly with your local mot tester its a pain at mot time, the full thing has to come off to get your cat back on, whereas with the spoon one you just swap the relevant sections over

i have a toda though! :wink:

TypeRKid

Advanced Member
Im getting my Spoon 4 into 2 and 2 into 1 fitted at System R soon i will let you know what i think when its fitted, :wink:

TypeRKid

Advanced Member
Ive had this spoon manifold fitted now and boy does it make a difference!! :D The only thing i dont like about it at the moment is that it makes a funny whistling type of noise when you are about to floor it which,to other people they might think it sounds like something from your car is falling to bits :? but overall noticeable gain on mid range and top end!! I recommend this :wink: Im very happy with this :p

Suped

Advanced Member
right Jemmy, you've convinced me. Jumped up a few places on the shopping list. :lol: