Spoon LSD noise?

12T

Advanced Member
How noisy are theses things?? mine makes a horrible noise when turning at low speeds sounds like the car is broken and its loud. Is this normal to sound like a banger lool

Russ

celox performance

Advanced Member
Yes that's perfectly normal :lol: . If you use the Honda MTF III you'll get the noise and mine didn't go away until I changed the oil to Redline MTL. The only problem with changing from the MTF III is my LSD now slips a lot more than it did before with the MTF III, so I would only change it if it's really, really annoying you ;) . I took my car out for it's weekly drive yesterday-the roads were wet and covered in leaves and even in 2nd gear the wheels were spinning which is something I never got with the MTF III where it just gripped with a bit of torque steer.

12T

Advanced Member
Not too sure on what oil has been put in. Im not to fused about the noise but my misses is freaking out when she drives my car :lol:

Thanks celox just making sure everything is ok because of the noise.

ollie-dc5

Advanced Member
Hi Russ, I had exactly the same when the box was fitted to my car. I would say that if you aren't doing trackdays all the time then put some fully synthetic oil in like Redline, which is what I did. After that I had very little noise, but still good diff action, much better than oem. With that oil in it used to handle the torque of the Rotrex charger no problems, so should be brilliant with yours. xthumbup

vampyriaerotica

Advanced Member
12T said:
Not too sure on what oil has been put in. Im not to fused about the noise but my misses is freaking out when she drives my car :lol:

Thanks celox just making sure everything is ok because of the noise.
Hey Russ,
it was some Silkolene semi-sync that DMS put in when I was there that Friday when you had your Carbonetic clutch and flywheel fitted.
Sounds like lighter oil might help.

MJ Type-R

Advanced member
You need to put in a fully syn gearbox oil, plus an amount of 'friction' modifier. This is often down to some personal choice though.

Also, if you are running a clutch pack type of diff, then you should replace the gearbox oil frequently i.e. 3k road miles or after 2 ( or 3 at a push ) trackdays. This way, the diff is kept working correctly and you will increase the life of the clutch packs within

Mike

12T

Advanced Member
ollie-dc5 said:
Hi Russ, I had exactly the same when the box was fitted to my car. I would say that if you aren't doing trackdays all the time then put some fully synthetic oil in like Redline, which is what I did. After that I had very little noise, but still good diff action, much better than oem. With that oil in it used to handle the torque of the Rotrex charger no problems, so should be brilliant with yours. xthumbup
I am well happy with the diff olly :D The amount of traction i get around bends is amazing!! I even convinced my good mate to buy one which he did the next day hahaha all he done was sat in my car :lol:

Thanks again.

ollie-dc5

Advanced Member
12T said:
I am well happy with the diff olly :D The amount of traction i get around bends is amazing!! I even convinced my good mate to buy one which he did the next day hahaha all he done was sat in my car :lol:

Thanks again.
Glad you're happy mate.