spoon/mugen ecu info wanted

viggen

Advanced Member
hello im looking for info on the spoon and mugen ecu,ive been told they are the same maps,just different brands

whats the rev limit of the mugen ecu?i know the spoon is 9000rpm.

is the mugen ecu more aggressive than the spoon ecu?

when running full exhaust system are the ecu's programed to turn the engine check light off?

reviews of both ecu's are welcome.thank you

viggen

Advanced Member
so how can i tell the differance between the two muggen ecu's?and is a valve spring needed to be changed on both ecu's
does the spoon ecu need a valve spring change aswell?

simon-

so how can i tell the differance between the two muggen ecu's?and is a valve spring needed to be changed on both ecu's
does the spoon ecu need a valve spring change aswell?

they should have different part numbers id say. Anything over standard (RPM) and you are exceeding manufacturers settings. Due to the nature of the component it would be unwise not to change them as the price of the springs would not outweigh the price of a repair should the oem fail.

One ecu does not cater for air con i think. I have one but don't use it as it runs in open loop all of the time. (very thirsty)
37820-XK5-00N0 is the (Mugen)P/N I have and works with a/c.

armjoker

Advanced Member
Dont know much about Spoon, Mugen has 2 ecus for dc5 one of them is mugen HOA (5225-8400 rpm) if not mistaking, the limit is like the stock ecu, and mugen N1 (5225-9200 rpm) even if you have N1, dont run over 8600 rpm and you wont need springs. I am running on N1 and what I can say is its more eco then stock ecu and a gives a lot power!