Spoon n1 over stock

Hoti

Advanced Member
Hey,

Does anyone know the difference between stock exhaust and spoon n1 backbox and b pipe cause ive been told by my mate that there virtually the same and they are interchangeable with each other.. which brings me to my point, whats the point of spending alot money on something that isn't more free flowing but is identical in shape and size? Does anyone have any information on the Spoon1 n1 or a link on it that i can read.

Mucho gracis,
Thank you!

leejw87

Spoon Whore
Spoon N1 is not like the OEM rear silencer in anyway shape or form.. The flange is the same so you can mate it with a OEM B Pipe but that's about it... diameter piping is slightly bigger also and the bends in the B pipe are smoother which is supposed to help with flow.

Can't comment on how much more free flowing it is over stock but not enough that you will notice a difference in performance even with a catback

Ideally you would need a full system and a remap for any significant gain and even then you would need breathing mods as the exhaust wouldn't produce enough power alone to warrant a ECU & Remap.

Hoti

Advanced Member
Cheers for the info dude. When you say it wont give much performance increase is that specific to the Spoon n1 and b pipe or generic to exhaust catbacks in general, because ive had a gain from my previous exhaust, a small gain but a gain nonetheless. It was about 6bhp with buddy club pro spec 3 if i remeber correctly!

leejw87

Spoon Whore
Id say most catback exhausts in general tbh as the biggest restriction is the Cat so anything after this point probably wont make a huge difference.. when i fiited my Spoon N1 & Bpipe i didnt really notice a diffrence in terms of Performance, it just sounded better. although if i had put it on the dyno it may have gained a pony or two.