Spoon n1 with too much poke

Mullyace

Advanced Member
Got a brand new spoon n1 rear section only, fitted in a bit of a rush when I had some time off work (which isn't very often), anyway, when I fitted it the bracket didn't line up at all with the rubber mounts so I just had to 'bodge' it so it was on, it lined up perfectly with the middle pipe and clears everything fine it just sticks out the back of the car too much but cant quite figure out why and don't see any way of getting it to sit more flush.

As far as I'm aware the rest of the system is OEM.

I've got a few photos of it, if anyone can see anything glaringly obvious as to why its got too much poke I would very much appreciate some pointers :xgrin:

(ill just get ready to go and hide in the embarrassed corner as I've missed something obvious :-k )

Gordyitrdc5

Advanced Member
Stupid question you sure that's for a dc5 & not a ep3?? I know the b-pipe's are the same but am sure the the back boxes are different? but am sure someone will correct me!

davidpingu

Advanced Member
I was wondering the same thing after looking in your thread. So the bracket doesn't line up with the rubber hangers? Did it line up with the oem backbox?

If so I'd be measuring the length of the pipe from the flanges to where it's welded to the silencer and asking nnicely if someone on here could do the same for comparison.

Current guesses would be either it isn't the correct backbox for a dc5 or the b-pipe isn't oem. If the oem backbox lines up perfectly though (tip should be just slightly sunk in to the rear bumper) then that rules the b-pipe out really?

Can't think how you could fit a backbox wrong really?

davidpingu

Advanced Member
Gordyitrdc5 said:
Stupid question you sure that's for a dc5 & not a ep3?? I know the b-pipe's are the same but am sure the the back boxes are different? but am sure someone will correct me!
Yes! I bet that's it!

Mark_teg

Staff member
The ep3 back box is too short, so it wouldn't be that.. I'm guessing the b-pipe is aftermarket.

Mark-89

Im pretty sure the Spoon N1 for the EP3 is shorter than the DC5 one. So would be hidden behind the bumper rather than stuck out.

Is it definately for a DC5 and not a DC2 back box or another model?

anton1234

Advanced Member
that doesn't look like an oem b pipe, must be an aftermarket one which is longer

Edit* looks like a mugen twin loop b pipe,

Gordyitrdc5

Advanced Member
anton1234 said:
that doesn't look like an oem b pipe, must be an aftermarket one which is longer
If that is the case then wouldn't the old back box been sticking out a past the bumper a bit?

Mullyace

Advanced Member
Cheers for all the comments...

The box says its for a dc5 lol

This is the exhaust what came off... the n1 fitted tight in the box so its about 3-4inches longer than this one...

this is the bodge ive done for now... you can see how far back it should sit

this is the other end of the b pipe, looks like its sitting in the right place and all lined up how it should be

Cheers,
Ben

Cam

Advanced Member
I had the opposite problem on my old Civic, needed a bit of an extension. :xgrin:

Mullyace

Advanced Member
Cam said:
I had the opposite problem on my old Civic, needed a bit of an extension. :xgrin:

Ha ha.... Hmmm... I'm thinking a hack saw and some duct tape may solve my problem

hondazzz

Advanced Member
only thing am sure is that your b pipe is not stock..atleast not the muffler on it..looks like a mugen one..maybe fujitsubo?

looking at your axleback removed and the brackets on the b pipe i say you had a fujitsubo system installed...
so just go custom and shorten the b pipe a bit.

Altecians

Advanced Member
hondazzz said:
only thing am sure is that your b pipe is not stock..atleast not the muffler on it..looks like a mugen one..maybe fujitsubo?

looking at your axleback removed and the brackets on the b pipe i say you had a fujitsubo system installed...
so just go custom and shorten the b pipe a bit.
Noticed this as well.

Mullyace

Advanced Member
Cheers for all the info people. :xwavey:

Have to get a new b pipe then... oh what a shame :xgrin:

Dont really want to cut it to make it fit incase i ever get rid of the n1 and put the old pipe back on because it will then be far too short.