Spoon N1?

D@nCeR

Advanced Member
what do you guys reckon?

should i go for the N1? ive got a BC Spec 3 atm and with De-Cat its stupidly loud about 160db....

which where i live is jail bait!

i want nice gains from my exhaust, and nice sound.. but is the spoon system loud without a cat?

Chris-DC5

Advanced Member
I have got the Spoon N1 on mine allong with the whole spoon system, and i get 98dB when on track days. it is loud but not too bad.

linzi94

Advanced Member
i have a full spoon N1, its loud on cold start in the morning, loud on motorway journeys and makes a kinda raspy whistle noise under slight acceleration.

jermal

Advanced Member
I've just bought a DC5 with a N1 on. Sounds lovely. Very raspy when giving it the beans. Driving around town at low rpm's it can actually be quite civilised, however it does get a little noiser when you take you foot off the throttle.

My friend who took me to pick up my DC5 has an EP3 with an N1 on and on the way home we were going past each other at high revs. The EP3 sounded awesome, so I can only imagine the DC5 would be the same.

mikegsi

Staff member
i had one briefly a spoon b-pipe with toda mani, gave me a head ache, but then im sure its quieter than the BC one you have on at the mo, which would probably have melted my head had i had one :xClubbed:

Evs

Advanced Member
Very subjective area this. Decat makes a lot of difference too.

I doubt you'll benefit much from changing as the N1 is a fart can. Basically if you've got a decat then I'd suggest going for one of the quieter systems.

linzi94

Advanced Member
perhaps some one close to your local area who has one may be kind enough to let you hear it? otherwise its hard to imagine :wink:

D@nCeR

Advanced Member
the only person i can find with a N1 and a decat is in gateshead.. not that far.. but its trying to meet them with my shifts at work being crap