Spoon Shocker!

dc5-2ltr

dc5-2ltr
Had a small hole appear on my exhaust so I patched it with the usual quick fix, a Pepsi can,until I took it to be welded...however this is what I found when I took the rear wheel off..my Spoon Progs are badly rusted!These have been on the car for about 3 years and were bought from a dealer on here(cant remember who though)...I had to wait about 10 weeks for them and they came in a Spoon box, had the correct serial number,were blue and had the Spoon logo on the springs too...I just dont think that these are the real deal as I`m sure that they would have lasted a lot longer than this :cry:

lockwood77

Advanced Member
Hmm, mine were on the car longer than that and were dirty but corrosion-free when they came off earlier this year. Spoon stuff is often not the quality they would like you to believe though...

tomlin

Advanced Member
for a 05 teg there is alot of rusty bits, weere you by any chance out in the winter just there ???

madrab

Advanced Member
mines are certainly not as bad as this but there is paint flake, i though this was normal, has it was the same with my tiens aswell?

darquinn2006

Advanced Member
Mine is a 02 model and has not got one bit of rust on any of them parts, i just went out and checked

Is it the salt they use on british roads during winter that causes it???

As far as i no we dont use salt on our roads in Ireland and im delighted judging by those pictures!

Your spring should not have went like that so quick tbh but i have heard stories about some Spoon products not being up to scratch

If i was you i would remove the springs and give them a good cleaning with a wire brush then re spray them or if you could get something like underseal on to them even better mate :)

Dan2020

Advanced Member
I personally avoid Sppon parts, over priced and poor build quaility except when they have just modified/re-packaged OEM Honda parts!!

I had a Spoon 4-1 manifold on my B16 civic and that cracked all the way the collecter in less than a year!!! :xmad:

blueguy

Resident J's whore
I'm sure it's the road salt mate (if you do take it out at winter). I always spray my coilovers/arches down when I give it a clean as I'm paranoid about rusting.

kazmo

Advanced Member
OMG that is rusty for an '05 !! makes me feel good about mine :D

did it fall off the boat between Japan and here? :lol: :lol:

armjoker

Advanced Member
kazmo said:
did it fall off the boat between Japan and here? :lol: :lol:
Nice one :lol:

Now I understand why people say dont buy cars imported from UK.
How long it is in UK if not a secret. When u bought it, it was rusty? Its possible that the car had "problems" in Japan also. Heavy rain or tornado or something and the car stack in some deep water.

donkeykong

Advanced Member
thats a lot of rust yeah, mine 2001 just a bit...guess it's never undersealed???
mine was imported end of 2007 to uk and since march 2009 in netherlands, got it undersealed february 2010

armjoker

Advanced Member
my car is 02 model since 05 its in cyprus. U dont find even one think that has rust on it. I checked it from top to bottom. I think the problem is the water in UK. At winter usually they put some chemical on roads so they wont freeze, this chemical is destroying the cars.