Spoon Sports Europe - PFL Spoon Springs Group Buy

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Rob R said:
I had these springs fitted to my last DC5, but it sat with reverse rake?

The other pics that have been posted they sit perfectly?
That is odd, Did you buy them new from Spoon?? I've only ever wanted spoons for that exact reason of no reverse rake so I'm shocked to see that. Duff rear shock maybe?

Shortstuff

Advanced Member
RobS said:
Jimmer,

their the larger square types that all 4 wheels touch, if I go right into the centre of the road i can get past them with only just rising up a bit on both the left lane and right lane bumps, but that's obviously only an option when theirs no oncoming traffic etc.
Where do you live? What b pipe do you have?

RobS

Advanced Member
Shortstuff said:
Where do you live? What b pipe do you have?
Newcastle, cars totally stock at the moment.

Cheers Jimmer, Gordon got down just but it did scrape a little I think, he is on Eibach sportlines at the moment.

Spoon_Sports_Europe

Parts Trader
Burn! Motorsport said:
Brilliant response to this thread. Below I will lay out the how I thinks it can work. Please let me know your comments.

It has been confirmed that I can make a minimum order of 15 sets. Price and delivery is to be confirmed but I estimate about £290 inc vat and delivery within UK mainland. Retail is about £350 so not bad for a special run. Please bare in mind I will try to make the price the best I can. Shipping outside the UK is available at cost and countries outside the EU will not be charged VAT.

For this to go ahead I need at least 12 sets sold as I am not going to sit on a dozen sets of springs for 2 years.

As with all special order parts I will expect payment in full from no less than eight participants of the group buy. All invoices will be issues through PayPal so everyone is covered. As soon as 8 or more have paid up then I will place the order. I expect that the lead time will be about 4 weeks for production.

We only ship from japan by air freight so once they are ready they will be combined with our next available shipment from Spoon or DIXCEL and be shipped to the uk. This takes about 3 days pending the delay on the UK customs. Delivery to the customer will be by UPS express insured.

Will post an update with a confirmed price and lead time tomorrow hopefully. Any questions in the mean time, please let me know.

Anthony
Any feedback on the above guys?

Still waiting on the lead time.

cjh1981

Advanced Member
Burn! Motorsport said:
As an initial estimate. I'm trying to get them cheaper if possible.
That's cool, when all the information is final I will make a decision I guess. Cheers for your help so far mate.

Stuarty

Advanced Member
Burn! Motorsport said:
Brilliant response to this thread. Below I will lay out the how I thinks it can work. Please let me know your comments.

It has been confirmed that I can make a minimum order of 15 sets. Price and delivery is to be confirmed but I estimate about £290 inc vat and delivery within UK mainland. Retail is about £350 so not bad for a special run. Please bare in mind I will try to make the price the best I can. Shipping outside the UK is available at cost and countries outside the EU will not be charged VAT.

For this to go ahead I need at least 12 sets sold as I am not going to sit on a dozen sets of springs for 2 years.

As with all special order parts I will expect payment in full from no less than eight participants of the group buy. All invoices will be issues through PayPal so everyone is covered. As soon as 8 or more have paid up then I will place the order. I expect that the lead time will be about 4 weeks for production.

We only ship from japan by air freight so once they are ready they will be combined with our next available shipment from Spoon or DIXCEL and be shipped to the uk. This takes about 3 days pending the delay on the UK customs. Delivery to the customer will be by UPS express insured.

Will post an update with a confirmed price and lead time tomorrow hopefully. Any questions in the mean time, please let me know.

Anthony
Superb, sounds good to me. If you could get them any cheaper then obviously that would be great 😉

Once you get a final set price then more people will be willing to commit.

Rob R

Advanced Member
Jimmer said:
That is odd, Did you buy them new from Spoon?? I've only ever wanted spoons for that exact reason of no reverse rake so I'm shocked to see that. Duff rear shock maybe?
If i remember I got them from Unit Eight/ Eight Speed brand new. Sat level on OEM springs so couldn't of been shocks.

Tempted to stick my name down for these though I must say....

dc55_11

Advanced Member
This might be a dumb question but, are you able to include a set for FL in that order? I tried looking but everywhere I looked its saying that they are discontinued for the FL.

Billy's type r

Advanced Member
dc55_11 said:
This might be a dumb question but, are you able to include a set for FL in that order? I tried looking but everywhere I looked its saying that they are discontinued for the FL.
Sorry pal. But I am very lucky and I've just purchased the last pair of the FL spoon springs from Burn Motorsport which they had in stock.

dc55_11

Advanced Member
Gutted :( wonder if they can make a set for this group buy? I would definitely chip in.

Spoon_Sports_Europe

Parts Trader
Hi all,

Pleased to inform that it has been confirmed. We can get you the springs at a price of £270 + £10 delivery to uk mainland. Considering they were £351 retail, I think this is a pretty decent price. Can post world wide but will quote on an individual basis. Orders from outside the EU won't have to pay vat.

The delivery will be about 6 weeks from confirmed order to Spoon Japan. I have to order 20 sets to get this price so for damage limitation I will only place the order with Spoon when we have received payment on 10 sets. The remaining 10 sets will then be available on a first come fist served basis. I will probably try and keep three to five sets for stock at the retail price.

If this sounds acceptable lets get the GB started. I will need name, email address and shipping address for the PayPal invoice or we can take payment over the phone.

Not familia with the GB format for this club so please let me know if you have any suggestions.

Regards,
Anthony

miki1212

Advanced Member
so you will send us a paypal request for payment yes?
instead of us sending payment to you?

DamienB45

Burn! Motorsport said:
Pleased to inform that it has been confirmed. We can get you the springs at a price of £270 + £10 delivery to uk mainland. Considering they were £351 retail, I think this is a pretty decent price. Can post world wide but will quote on an individual basis. Orders from outside the EU won't have to pay vat.
Please, what is the shipping cost for France ?