Spotted the most hideous DC5 today

turbo5

Advanced Member
I took my car to racetech to have my fog light fitted in the reversing light and spotted a CW DC5 with hideous Chinese graphics and a BTCC bodykit. it also had some massive chrome wheels and some hideous leather interior in beige even on the steering wheel, the interior has seen better days they was nothing around the gear level which was just as bad. the rear bumper was cracked and it must have weighed 2 tonne with all the ICE installed. it had a GT Culture graphic on the back window, no rear spoiler.
Overall the car was in bad condition nothing finished off. typical example of driving through Halfords with super glue. apparently its turbo charged, it most probably needs it with the extra weight its carrying.

Evs

Advanced Member
Like this?

Taken at the BTCC season finale at Brands in October 2005. Can't comment on the attention to detail as I didn't bother going in for a closer look :lol:

It'll probably be up on eBay anytime soon for £24k or so...

turbo5

Advanced Member
Yes it had aftermarket front brake calipers and disks but they weren't spoon,

turbo5

Advanced Member
JT3173 said:
Thats gotta be a joke right, would people really do that to a DC5?
You should have seen the interior, it was max power extreme. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry when I saw it.

JT3173

Advanced Member
Does anyone know if the owner is a forum user?

Maybe we could try to pesude him to put it back to OEM, I would want to if I saw this thread :!:

To whom it may concern,

If you read this, do the right thing and put it back to OEM :!: :D

tedg

Advanced Member
This is the car that made me buy my dc5 in the first place

Uber Cool 8) - infact sub-zero

JDC5

Charged DC5
oh dear... no a good look

btw.. i fwat the BTCC kit wasnt made to be brought and fitted to uknw.. normal cars...? fwatit was some kind of BTCC special

how much is the kit... and no.. i'm not askin cos i want to get it.. haha.. just wana to knw the price...lol

JD

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
I beleive this car was built by Carisma for castrol as a show car,speakers in the floor etc it has a crazy install,but i never actually heard it playing, it has the same btcc kit fitted as the blue one on ebay for 24k and doesn't fit this either,
GT culture i beleive had a part in the build up and the brakes are either endless or project mu.
I'm sure kingston can find out more as he's pals with Ben from GTC.

DC5TU

Advanced Member
JDC5 said:

btw.. i fwat the BTCC kit wasnt made to be brought and fitted to uknw.. normal cars...? fwatit was some kind of BTCC special

how much is the kit... and no.. i'm not askin cos i want to get it.. haha.. just wana to knw the price...lol

JD
Please translate!!

JDC5

Charged DC5
DC5TU said:
JDC5 said:

JD
Please translate!!
haha.. my bad..

i thought these kit was only for BTCC. didnt knw you could buy the kit off the shelf.

JD

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
it is only for btcc, i beleive Ben supplied some cars to Team Dynamics so probs managed to get the kits that way

kingston

Advanced Member
unless its changed the car was never meant to be run on the roads as it hasnt been esva'd or wasnt when it was being built, it was meant to be a trailer queen travelling all over the shows around Europe.

Th kit was offered to members of the forum but due to the costs invlolved, not many people wanted it.

as for gt-c building crap tegs, those tegs where released when the tegs hit the btcc and as a castrol pr thing, the blue to travel around in and the white for shows.

Either way his business doesnt seem to have been harmed really considering hes releasing alot of his 'own' lines, computer companies asking him for cars etc etc

yes the silver wheels do suck and they probably come from the blue one