Spring problem

fergalb

Advanced Member
I fitted lowering springs today and the front ones are makin a weird clunking sound when ya turn the steering wheel side to side ?? Any one help please

donkeykong

Advanced Member
he put a link there....and maybe people getting tired of people asking the same questions...u can use a search, thats what i do first :)

civic17_99

Advanced Member
Are they Spoon springs cause i get the occasional noise from mine when turning left on the spot.

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
it will be the same problem whatever the springs are, read the linked thread, as the springs are stiff they are shorter than the extended damper so when the strut is off or fully extended they can move in the seat.

fergalb

Advanced Member
C&S Evo7 said:
it will be the same problem whatever the springs are, read the linked thread, as the springs are stiff they are shorter than the extended damper so when the strut is off or fully extended they can move in the seat.
Is there any way of sortin this c&s to stop the spring movin cuz it's sounds bloody awfull

dc5-2ltr

dc5-2ltr
fergalb said:
C&S Evo7 said:
Is there any way of sortin this c&s to stop the spring movin cuz it's sounds bloody awfull
I had a similar problem with my Spoon Progs when they were first fitted..if you are prepared to put up with the clunking for a while it will sort itself out...every time you go over a speed bump or drive on a bumpy road,you`ll find that the springs will slowly move themselves into their proper position on the seat..HTH David

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
yes, it can be fixed, jack up car and move spring into proper position, top and bottom,

fergalb

Advanced Member
Found the problem there seems to be somtin missin like a washer above the cap that's sits on top of the spring does any one have a diagram of a dc5 shock assembly ?

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
you can download the rsx manual it may have an exploded view, i have it but not on the laptop i am using so cant help you with that till tomorrow night