Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak... ARGHHHH!!!

Adz

Advanced Member
For the last few weeks my car has started squeak..
But it's not just when I press the brake or anything it's pritty much all the time.. bumps seem to start it off too..
The pads seems good and the disc's still have a bit of mileage left in them (apparently)
The Squeak actualy stops if I squeeze the brakes on a slightly but sometimes starts again when pushed all the way down?
Any Ideas?.. probably summat real dumb I know :oops:

SJ_Skyline

Site Admin
Sounds like it could be one of the brake discs is slightly warped, causing the squeak. You can sort this out by a couple of emergency stops which usually will straighten a warped disc. :)

SJ_Skyline

Site Admin
Nope - it could be the cause of the squeak but there are a million other things that it could be. If it is a warped disc then jamming on the brakes forces a lot of heat and pressure through the disc in a very short space of time and will straighten out a slightly warped disc. It's also a hell of a lot cheaper than buying a new set of discs on the off-chance! :)

Adz

Advanced Member
8) Soo.. if I take it up to bout a ton.. then jam on the ankers?... :p

SCOTTIECTR

Advanced Member
Mine was the seatbelt squeaking, the thing the actual belt goes into, still does it and annoys the frick out of me. :x

type-r-dunk

Advanced Member
First the pads have a thing that is designed to squeak when they get low. This is loud and should get louder when the brake is pushed.
If its a slight high pich constant squeak you need to grind off the outer wear lip off of the discs, round off the adges of the pad surface and clean the caliper so the pads fit freely.
Good luck, Dunx

f1nal zeros

Advanced Member
If they are the rotors why not just get them turned? ( grinded down) to smooth them out once again. I had mine turned after a set of very aggressive brake pads killed them.

Other forms of squeaking would be brake pads going low, or you may have some debrie between the rotor and brake pad.
Good luck.

Adz

Advanced Member
Really apprectiate your input lads..
Looking at the size of the lip on the rotors then I'd say this is most likely the cause of the problem! How much work is it to get them turned?.. I assume they have to be removed along with the calipers from the car.. then refitted..
Im thinking it might be cheaper in the long run to replace them?..

g-zone

Advanced Member
Any honda dealer ought to be able to do it. One of my front disks got warped on my DC2 and my local dealer skimmed it. Never had a problem again.

jay.dee

Advanced Member
SCOTTIECTR said:
Off topic - are the pads the same as the Civic Type-R please?
Fronts - No, Backs - yes, but there are a few DC5 parts stockists that will have the fronts - look within the brakes forum for these.

mikegsi

Staff member
but main dealer charged me £200 to supply and fit new pads on the front.

you can get other pads for less than half that that are just as good, speak with tom at tgm, he'll sort you out!

Adz

Advanced Member
Just a quick update.. Honda said they just needed to strip the calipers and clean and grease them.. so they did.. and they were right.. no more squeeks!! :D

Gonna get the rotors skimmed soon tho..