Squeaking brakes!

Rtribe

Hoping someone can help!

Ive had my dc5 a couple of months now and the brakes are squeaking like mad since ive got it and its quite annoying now for around town if ive got the window open.

It was all fully serviced when i bought it with new pads so started off thinking they needed wearing in a bit, but they didnt get better, a mechanic mate of mine put some lithium grease i believe it was he got from work on them as apparently its better then copper grease but still not effected them and it doesnt matter if its hard or soft breaking.

Reading another thread it says about f4 pads so buy some mintex 1114 pads or oem pads, maybe a silly question but how would i find out what pads the garage put on then when i bought it?

Or is there anything else it could be?

Benneh

Advanced Member
If you don't know what pads are on it, then I'd suggest ringing the garage and asking them what they used!
The Ferodo pads that a lot of people use are well known to squeak before they're warmed up. Are yours fine once you've used them a bit, or is it constant?

Rtribe

They squeak constantly, its rare that they don't. I may have to ring them in the week being bank holiday etc but i picked it up beginning of jan so dont know if they would remember

Alexander0628

Advanced Member
Iv got ferodo pads and they squeak when cold or sometimes when I'm plodding along very slowly, if there squeaking all the time I would take it back to garage anyway or have a look yourself pads are easy to check or change yourself. Worth a try/look.

Rtribe

The pads were fine when we put the grease on them, im not the most mechanically minded though so i tend to let my mate look at it but thought ill see what other people think

mikey_t8

Advanced Member
mine squeak when i touch lightly, or close to stopping, but no squeak when i press hard... been told it's a common problem across brembos

ChesterJSY

I run the ferodo DS2500 and at first they didn't squeal but they did after a while. It turns out that I was a bit OCD cleaning the calipers and the wheel cleaner had removed most of the copper grease from the pad! Reapplied the copper grease (I used a wurth product) and all has been fine since.

MrRy

Advanced Member
Will back everyone else up. You need copper grease or similar as it will just be that the old grease has been wiped away somehow.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk