Squealing aftermarket pads....

jo3y

Is there any way to fix them without replacing them all with OEM Brembo ones?

I had a similar problem in my VX220 turbo and was advised to remove the pads, clean the edges and grease the edges of the pads to stop it happening again..... not sure if I'm too comfortable putting grease anywhere near my brakes, even if it is on the sides of the pads!

rick c

Advanced Member
Its not grease you use, its copper slip, and it goes on the back of the pads :wink:

Of course if you've bought track pads then there's not much you can do about the squeal. Its caused by the high metal content in the pads. I've used Ferodo DS2500 for ages without problems but you haven't specified what pads you've bought.

Also, brake squeal does sometimes go by itself, maybe once the pads are properly keyed to the discs.

Might be worth double checking your pistons aren't binding as well.

jo3y

celox performance said:
What brake pads & discs are you using?
I don't know, they were fitted by the previous owner or the one before that.... Judging by the rest of the setup (Cusco LSD and Alex Engine mounts) I'd say they are track pads and are likely always going to squeal... guess I'll have to get them replaced :cry:

celox performance

Advanced Member
Not all track pads squeal and it could just be a bad disc/pad combination and not necassarily the pads causing it. I had some Ferodo DS3000 pads with cheap 40 groove Ebay discs and it was the discs causing the problem. As soon as I changed the discs to the J's Racing discs the squeal went away completely.

Newty

Advanced Member
Mate...you can find whole topics on brake set ups on this forum. It is one of those never ending topics!!!