Squeeky Clutch *FIXED*

tron2k3

Advanced Member
When I dip the clutch and when I release the clutch its starts to squeek, it comes from within the engine bay. It seems to be coming from inside the gearbox when the clutch is engaged, the noise is coming from the linkage which is near the front of the engine bay which comes out from the front of the gearbox and the bar moves left to right (sorry for the poor explaination)

Anybody shed some light on this? Anyone had the same issue?

TIA

Will

Andywilkinson

Advanced Member
I had a very squeky clutch to, but it was very high up on the clutch pedal, where it goes through the bulkhead, had it for about a month now, but today i crawled up in to the footwell, sprayed some WD40 on it and that sorted it right out.

tron2k3

Advanced Member
Andywilkinson said:
I had a very squeky clutch to, but it was very high up on the clutch pedal, where it goes through the bulkhead, had it for about a month now, but today i crawled up in to the footwell, sprayed some WD40 on it and that sorted it right out.
I'll give it a go cheers :)

tron2k3

Advanced Member
Andywilkinson said:
Andy just tried this, mines high up on the clutch pedal to though its more of a creaking noise, I sprayed all the joints with WD40 and its still there, ahhh its really annoying :x especially when I'm stuck in traffic.

Andywilkinson

Advanced Member
Mine has started coming back too, gonna give it another squirt with WD40 tomorrow as it gets rid for a few days, only used a little bit last time, so maybe a good soak will get it on the next go

Also if accessible, why not try some sort of grease?

JDC5

Charged DC5
Just got back from my holiday to find my car has this problem!! its driving me mad!!!

every time i push the clutch pedal in it squeeks

did the ideas mentioned here fixed the problem? did wd40 work tron2k3?

do you tink tgm can fix this? my car is booked in next week...?

Cheers

Jimmy

LeeH

Advanced Member
Andywilkinson said:
I had exactly the same thing....

Lee :)

tron2k3

Advanced Member
JDC5 said:
Just got back from my holiday to find my car has this problem!! its driving me mad!!!

every time i push the clutch pedal in it squeeks

did the ideas mentioned here fixed the problem? did wd40 work tron2k3?

do you tink tgm can fix this? my car is booked in next week...?

Cheers

Jimmy
Tried the wd40 thing didn't help mine, also tried some white lithium with no luck, I've read on the RSX forums it could be the master cylinder :cry: mines booked into honda next week.

tron2k3

Advanced Member
kingston said:
DOes it happen just when your changing gear?
Happens all the time, when the clutch is pressed or released right at the top when its at about 0%-50% makes a couple of squeeky/clicking noises

kingston

Advanced Member
hmmm, if it was a single squeek that happened all the time then id have said a clutch bearing but if its a couple of squeeks i dont know.

expect a £400 repair bill though for it to go away

tron2k3

Advanced Member
kingston said:
hmmm, if it was a single squeek that happened all the time then id have said a clutch bearing but if its a couple of squeeks i dont know.

expect a £400 repair bill though for it to go away
Thanks that makes me feel much better :cry:

Got quoted 200 odd for master cylinder

JDC5

Charged DC5
I've fixed the problem... try this as it out (it mite save you a trip to the dealers

ok.. the car has not been driven for 1 week as i was on holiday. Got back to find a very squeeky clutch, as Will said, as you press it and release it, there is a loud squeek.

i got some1 to push it.. and i found the squeek at the rubber end on the clutch slave cylinder, (below the air box, near the front.. look at the service manual) turns out the its was dry, so a good dose of grease (i mean lots of grease) after a 1 or 2 driving round town, the squeeky clutch has gone!! its a pain in the ass to get to it, if you got small hands and arms it be okay, but i had my car up on the ramps.

will get pics if needed

hope this helps

well just saved myself £££

JD

tron2k3

Advanced Member
JDC5 said:
I've fixed the problem... try this as it out (it mite save you a trip to the dealers

ok.. the car has not been driven for 1 week as i was on holiday. Got back to find a very squeeky clutch, as Will said, as you press it and release it, there is a loud squeek.

i got some1 to push it.. and i found the squeek at the rubber end on the clutch slave cylinder, (below the air box, near the front.. look at the service manual) turns out the its was dry, so a good dose of grease (i mean lots of grease) after a 1 or 2 driving round town, the squeeky clutch has gone!! its a pain in the ass to get to it, if you got small hands and arms it be okay, but i had my car up on the ramps.

will get pics if needed

hope this helps

well just saved myself £££

JD
I tried this a while ago but didn't work, then again I couldn't get very close to it so didn't spray much. I'll take the air intake mount off to get proper access as my arms aren't girly enough. :lol:

JDC5

Charged DC5
i was shocked wen i got told this too.. but i'm sure it wasnt.. so i saved myself £300

fwat honda parts have that happy thing goin on where parts are cheaper... what a load of shit

unlucky WiLL

JD